Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Headline: Meghan and Harry might live in Canada

(61 Posts)
Mollygo Sun 12-Jan-20 13:43:57

Great idea. They may be happier.
Harry would be away from his brother which he (according to gossip) wants.
Evidently the Canadians are excited about it so Meghan might get the adulation she craves without having to go to places like Africa and if the gossip is true, she’ll have achieved her aim of parting Harry from his family.
Lots of people here would be happier, especially if they are not taking money from British tax payers for their security and standing in their own two feet To earn money. (Not sure I believe that bit)

I’d be happy, because hopefully we wouldn’t be constantly faced with news about them in every newspaper or on every TV channel.
I feel sorry for the Queen. Like many stories on here she won’t see so much of her grandson/great grandson because they’re moving so far away but lots of us know about that.

Anniebach Wed 15-Jan-20 18:43:12

Pinkquartz sorry if my post was confusing.

I too look for distractions from the politics

pinkquartz Wed 15-Jan-20 17:52:18

Anniebach

I didn't understand what you meant though.....I cannot think of P.A without feeling ill atm.
I don't think anything of his daughters....they look a little bit strange I don't know what to make of them,
M&H have made themselves both Senior and Minor as I think they will tumble soon.

I have only recently taken any notice of the RF....it is my current distraction from all the politics

But did anyone read the article?

Anniebach Wed 15-Jan-20 16:34:24

Pinkquartz I was being a little sarcastic, they think they are
major royals , in my opinion , they come bottom of the line.

Andrews daughters who are so often criticised have more dignity

Callistemon Wed 15-Jan-20 16:00:00

That is an editorial opinion, not fact.

pinkquartz Wed 15-Jan-20 15:46:29

But did you read the article?...it sounded like M&H have the status of being senior Royals...even thought they don't want to put in the work.

It didn't sound as though Canada can accept them and I don't think Traudeau can have the final say.......he might be enthusiastic but that doesn't really mean anything when it comes down to it does it.

Anniebach Wed 15-Jan-20 15:34:39

Harry is still 6th in line to the throne but not far above Andrew who is 8th.

Callistemon Wed 15-Jan-20 15:32:12

Know whether or not Senior Royals are welcome.
He seemed enthusiastic on the news yesterday.

They'll be Junior Royals though, won't they?
Down the pecking order.

pinkquartz Wed 15-Jan-20 12:45:12

what does Justin Traudeau know?
what?

Callistemon Wed 15-Jan-20 12:04:36

I would have thought Justin Trudeau would know.

pinkquartz Wed 15-Jan-20 12:03:16

Canada says Senior Royals are not welcome to live there......referring to H&M

www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/article-harry-and-meghan-and-why-members-of-the-royal-family-cant-live-in/

pinkquartz Mon 13-Jan-20 13:43:37

Trisher

Personally I think irony has always been an accepted form of humour since Swift advised the solution to the Irish problem was eating their children in A Modest Proposal For preventing the Children of Poor People From being a Burthen to Their Parents or Country

wow who knew this?
I didn't. But I do like irony so thank you for the education.

pinkquartz Mon 13-Jan-20 13:41:56

suzueW

I don't know if it's true....but it is a possibility and we are discussing things we know almost nothing about.
So I take it as hearsay.
Not facts.

Charleygirl5 Mon 13-Jan-20 13:41:23

I have just read that Canada is prepared to pick up the security bill for the time they spend there. That will solve a lot of problems in this country because it was a major stumbling bolck as to who should pick up the tab.

trisher Mon 13-Jan-20 13:34:12

lemon could you explain the constitutional differences the departure of H&M would make, because I can't see any.

lemongrove Mon 13-Jan-20 13:09:34

Meryl yes, it’s quite possible!

lemongrove Mon 13-Jan-20 13:08:19

suziew.... why always eager to jump in with sarcasm?hmm
Constitutionally wise, Prince Harry wanting to cut ties with the RF is a big thing, whatever you think of it.

MerylStreep Mon 13-Jan-20 13:03:09

Megan is going to have to wait a while if she's only going to move to LA once Trump is gone because there's every possibility he will get a second term.

trisher Mon 13-Jan-20 12:59:22

3nanny6 I apologised if you found my post offensive. Ifyou don't accept that it's fine. If you think my post is truly racist report it. Personally I think irony has always been an accepted form of humour since Swift advised the solution to the Irish problem was eating their children in A Modest Proposal For preventing the Children of Poor People From being a Burthen to Their Parents or Country
Mmm Annie who is "playing the race card"?

suziewoozie Mon 13-Jan-20 12:41:10

pink it must be true then re LA.

pinkquartz Mon 13-Jan-20 12:13:52

In fact it is now reported that M wants to live in L.A. once Trump has left office so Archie will go to school there.

There is no information I can find that H as paid or does pay Income Tax.

Anniebach Mon 13-Jan-20 12:13:25

My nephew is married to a woman ‘of mixed race’, I find
trishers post offensive, my nephews wife is loved in our
extended family, has never experienced racism, they little son
is obviously of ‘mixed race’ , no problems .

3nanny6 Mon 13-Jan-20 12:12:55

To all the ones that want to stick up for poor Trisher then do so oh isn't it ironic you may say. I am not bothering to post on here anymore looks like some people just want to carry on being closet racists and trying to be clever posting silly anecdotes how childish and infantile.

annodomini Mon 13-Jan-20 12:05:51

I cannot believe that trisher's obviously ironic post was taken seriously by some other posters. hmm

3nanny6 Mon 13-Jan-20 12:03:47

Sorry to you Trisher however do not try to turn it around a different way. I was not distressed by your comment but stand on the point you posted and she is MIXED RACE and it is not even something to take the p##s out of.
My own family has seen mixed race within our heritage and yes I do not like anybody reverting to use colour as either sarcasm or anything else but unless you have been in the situation and know about it then keep opinions like that to yourself.

trisher Mon 13-Jan-20 11:54:46

Sorry if you didn't understand my post 3nanny6 it was meant to be a parody and a sarcastic example of the sort of things that have been posted on various threads about Meghan. If you took it seriously and were in any way distressed by it I can only apologise. It certaily wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Sometimes the only response to the ignorant and biased is to take the p**s out of them.