Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Cotton nighties

(13 Posts)
kittylester Wed 27-May-20 07:33:57

Does anyone know where i can find cotton nighties with a bit of style?

I'm after a strappy sort of Empire line in a pretty cotton fabric. I'm happy to spend a bit - though not £120 which is the price of one I found yesterday.

lemongrove Wed 27-May-20 07:49:48

If anyone knows of one I would be interested too kitty
I like to sleep only wearing Chanel No5 ?but need something cotton to put on when I get up in the morning to float about in.I have some cotton pjs but would like nighties that are cotton and not pink or blue with flowers on ( the usual colour and pattern that you see, and have seen, for the past fifty years or more.)

J52 Wed 27-May-20 07:53:28

Always get mine from M&S. Usually, take them on holidays to hot places. Otherwise it’s Jimjams for me.

Carenza123 Wed 27-May-20 08:00:05

Just been looking on the John Lewis web site and they have a great variety of nighties to suit all tastes and at reasonable prices. Worth a look.

Nortsat Wed 27-May-20 08:01:31

I have had some nice nightwear from David Neiper, over the years. It always washes well and lasts well.
I think their cotton nightdresses may be in a price bracket near that which you quote, kitty. I have had their jersey ones, which are lightweight, comfortable and a bit cheaper.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 27-May-20 08:10:55

Yes I was going to say David Neiper.

25Avalon Wed 27-May-20 08:11:35

David Neiper lovely quality but a bit expensive. Have a look at all cotton nighties on the Slenderella website. Some are floral but in different colours from pink and blue, whilst there are other patterns and lots of different designs. They are a family firm and also do Brettles which used to be if not still a well known brand.

Kalu Wed 27-May-20 08:15:58

I bought a couple of white cotton empire line nighties from Amazon, a company called Cotton Lane. £39.99 arrived four days later. Exactly what I was looking for.

kittylester Wed 27-May-20 08:38:16

Brettles!! A blast from the past avalon!

lemongrove Wed 27-May-20 09:52:10

David Neiper clothes and nightwear look good quality but very old fashioned to me.
I wouldn’t want white cotton either ( one coffee stain!)?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 27-May-20 10:03:34

lemon honestly they arent old fashion. They fit beautifully. I always buy their dressing gowns, both winter and summer weight and they last for ever.

I’m the messiest eater as well but they are all as good as new.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 27-May-20 10:06:14

Mind you saying that, I do think their everyday wear a bit old fashioned?

lemongrove Wed 27-May-20 10:10:24

grin