Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Are you over 70 or have underlying health conditions and feel under pressure to look after grandchildren?

(4 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 23-Jun-20 16:08:09

If so, would you be willing to speak to the press about it? No pressure or expectation to but we are expecting requests from the media on this and they usually ask for a case study.
Many thanks. Please either PM me or email [email protected] if you would be interesting in taking part. smile

suziewoozie Thu 25-Jun-20 20:49:54

No - my dd wouldn’t dream of asking me

ElaineI Thu 25-Jun-20 23:03:57

Not over 70 (63 at start and now 64) and no underlying health conditions but have looked after DGS2 age 2 (now) since start - also DD2 who moved in with us so we were able to. DD2 works full time and is a nurse but her childminder says he is safer with us - we did 3 days , her 2 - and she has other key workers children. But she is paid by council for having him when it is us that are caring for him - love him to pieces and have witnessed all his developments in last 3 months which we have loved but it is exhausting and I can't go to usual places - park, bookbugs, soft play, gym monkeys etc and I see beautiful photos of flowers my friends have taken on long country walks while we are limited to how long a toddler can walk, is it buggy accessible. Also up early every day and sometimes at night though DD attends to his needs but you do waken. We chose to do this however and has brought us closer.

suziewoozie Thu 25-Jun-20 23:09:56

But you’re not clinically vulnerable - lucky you.