Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Ideas For a thank you gift, please!

(8 Posts)
Nortsat Mon 13-Jul-20 17:30:13

How about baking them a cake?
I think most people would recognise the effort that has gone into baking a nice cake...

Our neighbour turned up with cupcakes, done up in cellophane and a ribbon, to thank us for something. It was a delightful surprise. ??

Scribbles Mon 13-Jul-20 14:34:55

Flowers are generally welcomed and can be enjoyed by all of them.

Oopsminty Mon 13-Jul-20 14:31:38

I get hampers from M&S for this sort of gift. Funnily enough I have just ordered one for a friend who likes gin.

You can get chocolate, plants, cookies, wine etc etc and they're quite reasonably priced!

I also received cakes from Bettys of the Tea Room fame. Friend of mine sent one as thanks

Plenty of choice on their website as well.

Very kind of you to be buying a gift. I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

Cabbie21 Mon 13-Jul-20 14:21:17

Thanks for the ideas so far- Will consider all. Keep them coming, please.

kittylester Mon 13-Jul-20 13:14:05

You can organise for chocolate brownies to be delivered. Push ones. Or popcorn or special sweets. They go down well with our children and their families who are about the same age.

quizqueen Mon 13-Jul-20 13:06:21

Not to me, it wouldn't as I don't drink!! What about a voucher to afternoon tea at a local garden centre when they think it's safe to go.

BlueSky Mon 13-Jul-20 13:03:03

A bottle of wine is always welcome! wine

Cabbie21 Mon 13-Jul-20 10:16:18

Although we get most of our food from deliveries, our neighbour has been really helpful in doing a top up shop each week from Aldi which is just across the road, things we have just run out of, or were not available in the supermarket delivery. I am thinking, now that there are few cases of the virus in our area that I will soon feel comfortable to do this myself, especially as the neighbours and my daughter are both going to be away on holiday at the same time. I can see whether Aldi is busy before leaving my house so can pick a quiet time to feel safer.
I would like some ideas for a gift to thank this neighbour for his unwavering support these past months. We don’t know them well, or know their tastes. They don’t do much gardening, don’t go out a lot in normal times and especially now. He and his wife have been working from home. They have two daughters aged around 11 and 16, I think. I am really stuck for ideas but really want to show our appreciation.