Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Foot Leg Massagers

(11 Posts)
Glenfinnan Mon 20-Jul-20 09:10:29

Has anyone here bought one of those foot and leg Disc type massagers as advertised by Ian Botham and Co? DH suffers from bad circulation/puffy ankles nd we thought we might try one.

Charleygirl5 Mon 20-Jul-20 09:20:11

Do not try one if you have had a joint replacement-knee or hip because eventually it will loosen.

notnecessarilywiser Mon 20-Jul-20 10:03:12

Personally I didn't feel there was significant improvement. They're quite pricey, but do have a money back guarantee (90 days IIRC).

Teetime Mon 20-Jul-20 10:09:42

My friends husband a retired pathologist swears by his. His circulation was dreadful after a prolonged period in hospital .and he really finds this piece of kit helpful in getting him back on his feet

Glenfinnan Mon 20-Jul-20 18:53:01

Thank you for your comments and advice. Think we will take the plunge as DH is convinced it will help!

midgey Mon 20-Jul-20 19:21:14

Don’t buy one if you have a pacemaker!

Westcoaster Mon 20-Jul-20 21:07:55

I have one and love it! I was diagnosed with diabetes and had terrible foot pain, worse at night. The husband told me to try a Revitive every time sir Botham was on tv and I eventually capitulated.
More or less from first use, the foot pain almost disappeared. I use it most days and DH uses it too sometimes for his puffy ankles.
It is very expensive, but for me it's worth every penny. smile

Glenfinnan Tue 21-Jul-20 20:18:59

Thank you all again! I’ve ordered one so will give it a try!

EllanVannin Tue 21-Jul-20 20:31:33

I've often thought about one for my swollen feet. My ankles don't swell, just the feet which I think is caused by an increase in Bisoprolol. It's stops one thing and causes another grin

Carenza123 Mon 27-Jul-20 07:53:30

My husband has recently purchased one after suddenly getting swollen feet and onset of arthritis. He finds it helps with the swelling and also bought a rise and recline armchair - again, very good for keeping his legs and feet elevated. He feels these two things have helped him a lot.

tiredoldwoman Mon 27-Jul-20 10:08:45

Yikes, Charleygirl !
I was looking at adverts yesterday and toying with the idea of getting one as I've developed swollen , blotchy legs after having 2 new knees . I don't want to shoogle them off ! I'll keep walking and dancing around instead .