Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Kitchen gadget help

(10 Posts)
Missfoodlove Thu 06-Aug-20 09:01:57

I am looking into buying a food processor and am happy to spend up to £300.
My research took me to an article on kitchen robots, I’ve always fancied a thermomix but £1000 is hard to justify.
I did see a Klarstein kitchen robot/processor for £270.
Do any grans know this brand?
Should I spend £1000
Would a thermomix change my life?

Marydoll Thu 06-Aug-20 09:07:05

I cannot see beyond my Magimix processor. I'm on my second one in twenty years. My last one needed replaced, through my fault, not the machine's.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 06-Aug-20 09:08:52

I have had a thermomix for ten years. It is the only mixer I have.

It does far more than mix, if you are into cooking and baking it’s worth the money.

FlexibleFriend Thu 06-Aug-20 12:00:04

Magimix is the only mixer for me, I'm on my second but the first one was well out of it's 25 year guarantee when I broke it down to my own stupidity thinking it was indestructible. It was almost but not quite.

Marydoll Thu 06-Aug-20 12:10:00

FlexibleFriend I some how managed to jam the blade and consequently damaged the spindle, other wise it would have lasted another twenty years! My own stupid fault! blush

Callistemon Thu 06-Aug-20 12:47:29

DD says that her Thermomix changed her life!
And streamlined the kitchen as she only has one gadget now.

I haven't ventured down that route as I'd not long bought a food processor and steamer and already had a mixer, liquidiser, juicer, soup maker, you name it it's in a cupboard somewhere!

DiscoGran Thu 06-Aug-20 13:27:48

I have a 20 year old Magimix, can't fault it.

annodomini Thu 06-Aug-20 14:08:01

I loved my first Magimix but eventually its motor gave up. I have a bigger one now and it can do so many useful things I would hate to be without it. It is fantastic for grating a kilo of cheese in seconds and slicing a vast quantity of carrots ready for freezing.

Gingster Thu 06-Aug-20 16:57:59

I don t have a mixer, just a hand electric whisk. I seem to manage.

Nannarose Thu 06-Aug-20 18:09:15

Love my Magimix, 25 years old, used most days and never a problem (hope I'm not jinxing it!)