Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Simba mattresses anyone.

(14 Posts)
Soozikinzi Sun 25-Oct-20 09:31:14

Another vote for Hypnos here which was recommended to us by my husband’s physio and his back has been much better since . We got ours online from my next mattress and it wasn’t too expensive just a bit more than the other brands but well worth it .

Gagagran Sun 25-Oct-20 09:09:34

We sleep in separate beds (in separate rooms) and both have Relaxsan waterlatex vision deluxe mattresses. DH has the very firm one, mine is a bit less so. Both supremely comfortable - and not a bad price. Definitely recommend.

jeanrobinson Sun 25-Oct-20 09:00:47

Why not look up the "Which" study on mattresses? I bought their Best Buy, and have never regretted it.

Calendargirl Sun 25-Oct-20 08:27:23

I too wonder what they do with them, sell them as ex display?
To me though, ‘ex display’ has different connotations to someone sleeping on them night after night for up to 100 days.

Feel tempted to write and ask what happens to these returns.

?

Auntieflo Sun 25-Oct-20 07:52:56

I recently received an email from the mattress company 'Brook and Wilde'.
Does anyone have any knowledge of them or their products please?

BlueSky Fri 07-Aug-20 20:59:37

We tried an Eve topper mainly because DH was suffering a bad bout of backache to see if it helped. Didn't help him and as usual too hot! Anything with memory foam we can't have as he's the one to get the flushes! Returned as advertised with no problem. I too wonder what they do with them, sell them as ex display?

MawB Fri 07-Aug-20 20:42:18

Hypnos every time for me.
One of the things Paw and I used to like about Premier Inns was the quality of a night’s sleep so I emailed them and asked about their mattresses!
We got a deal on the Hypnos hotel quality mattress (and divan bed) about 4 years ago and I am very happy with it.
You can try them at John Lewis - and the JL version is very good too.

Blondiescot Fri 07-Aug-20 20:23:26

I've got a Nectar and love it - they offer a full year's trial, apparently, but mine won't be going back!

annsixty Fri 07-Aug-20 10:23:41

Yes I bought the Simba mattress a year or so ago.
I bought it for the spare room but decided to use it for myself.
I found it too firm, I went back to my own mattress which was much better.
By then my GD had come to live me and she brought her own newish bed with her so I didn’t need a spare.
I gave the Simba to my GS (18) he loves it so it comes down to personal preference.

Auntieflo Fri 07-Aug-20 10:12:18

I would be interested in any comments that come in, as we have been thinking of replacing our mattress.
The only thing I wondered was whether the Simba, Otty, Eve, type mattresses are memory foam?
Hypnos ones look very good.

allium Fri 07-Aug-20 09:05:31

Yes, I like it, I think they come with a trial period so you can send it back if you don't like it. Look out for when they are on offer. (Got mine from John Lewis, they took the old one away £20). Seems to be lots of these mattresses in a box, may be worth looking at similar brands.

Calendargirl Fri 07-Aug-20 09:03:47

Are they one of these firms who let you try it for 100 days, then give you the option of a refund if you didn’t like it?

I just wonder what happens to any returned ones? Are they sold on to the next unsuspecting customer? Or are they genuinely so good no one ever sends them back?

Luckygirl Fri 07-Aug-20 08:47:12

I had not heard of them - just looked them up and seen the price!! I will not be trying one!!

kittylester Fri 07-Aug-20 08:39:07

Since lockdown, DH and I have been sleeping separately as we were taking it in turns to wake up which disturbs the other.

The mattress in the spare room is very old so we have decided to buy a new one for who ever sleeps in there in future!!

I've seen lots of ads for Simba - does anyone have one? Any comments?

Thank you.