Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Cleavage heat rash/itch...

(18 Posts)
Apricity Sun 09-Aug-20 11:20:25

Try good old Boracic powder daily in the affected areas after showering or bathing. If this doesn't work then try the antfungal creams.

Coolgran65 Sun 09-Aug-20 11:02:29

I used to have this problem. I am an H cup and wear well fitted underwired bras.

As pp said, Lanacane medicated powder is great but I haven’t been able to get it for a couple of years. There is another medicated powder which is excellent. It’s Medipure Body Powder.
I got it from Amazon in packs of 6 for around £12. Much cheaper than Lanacane. And now see it in Home Bargains for about £1, maybe a little more. Didn’t check the price properly as I have such a stock of it. The container is blue and yellow.

It’s years since I had the sore under booby.
At the last time I used Canestan and the medicated powder. Once cleared in a couple of days I have continued to use this powder daily. Never had a problem since.
Honestly I suggest you try this.

lemongrove Sun 09-Aug-20 10:40:31

Apologies if the ‘leave the bra off’ advice was wrong....it works for me, but then I am not a large lady.?

PinkCakes Sun 09-Aug-20 10:33:47

I'm a G cup, too, but have never had that problem. My bras are all wired, and all fit properly (I pay £40+ each for a bra).

My friend is the same size as me, wears bras that don't fit, and she has heat rashes. She uses Sudocremat night, then washes it off in the morning.

Magnolia62 Sat 08-Aug-20 23:22:42

I find Boots anti fungal cream works for me. Just ask over the counter.

Callistemon Sat 08-Aug-20 23:10:32

Prickly Heat Powder works.

I had this years ago. Although I have lived abroad it was in this country, oddly enough, and that is what the chemist recommended and it worked.
Ask the chemist, don't just buy online.

Lolo81 Sat 08-Aug-20 22:49:26

I’m also struggling with this and have started wearing sports bras in this weather and dousing them in talc and it seems to have done the trick for me. The only problem is that the sports bras aren’t quite as supportive as a normal bra, but I’m willing to have squishy weird shapes boobs for a few weeks rather than have to wring my tops out every 20 minutes!?

GrannyLaine Sat 08-Aug-20 21:31:15

It sounds very much like thrush which is common in the folds beneath large breasts. I agree with Elegran, going without a bra would make it worse. If you are a G cup, I would suggest a really well fitting bra with maximum support to lift your breasts and help to keep the area of 'fold' to a minimum. And yes, I too have big boobs and I do sympathise.

shysal Sat 08-Aug-20 21:14:00

Lanacane medicated powder sprinkled between and under the breasts day and night works for me.

emmasnan Sat 08-Aug-20 19:14:16

Going without a bra if you have a heavy bust makes the sweating even worse in hot weather.

geekesse Sat 08-Aug-20 18:54:56

You have a “heavy bust” and wear crop tops?! What’s your secret?

Elegran Sat 08-Aug-20 18:16:50

lemongrove Without the bra, the boobs lie even more heavily on the skin of the chest. Cotton bras will absorb more sweat than manmade fibres.

Elegran Sat 08-Aug-20 18:15:01

It is similar to athlete's foot, dhobi itch and and jock itch (which presumably affects the jock-strap area) Treat it like athlete's foot, remembering to keep using the anti-fungal cream for 5 days after it goes away. Also while putting antiperspirant under your arms, add some under and between your boobs. Anthistan helps with the itch. Wash your hands after applying the fungal cream, or you'll transfer it somewhere else.

lemongrove Sat 08-Aug-20 18:08:57

Also, in very hot weather, leave the bra off!

MissAdventure Sat 08-Aug-20 18:05:27

Nappy liners are good for... ahem... moist areas.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 08-Aug-20 17:53:32

What MissA said, if you can find Daktarin Dry Spray in-line or in you pharmacy it is really effective.

MissAdventure Sat 08-Aug-20 17:42:27

You need an anti fungal such as Canestan.

It's the same kind of issue as athlete's foot.

MaryTheBookeeper Sat 08-Aug-20 17:38:52

I have a heavy bust, G cup. The centre of my cleavage is driving me nuts. Non-stop itching. My bra & crop top bands have been saturated recently with the heat. I've tried putting tissue under my boobs but it gets soggy quickly. I've tried using Mitcham but I'm allergic to it. Any other bright ideas to get the rash to clear up & itch to go away?