Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Electric car anyone?

(79 Posts)
MawB Sun 16-Aug-20 11:31:46

Wondering whether I should , whether the prices will come down (like TVs did) and also whether hybrid is the way forward as doubts have been cast on them. The present car would get an insulting figure as a trade in so I might as well run it for a couple of years if I can then it will probably have to be electric.
At the moment just too pricey for the amount of driving I do.

SIL has had a Tesla for the last couple of years but I think that is silly money!

quizqueen Sun 16-Aug-20 11:29:58

As electricity has to be produced by some means, I fail to see how they are much better for the planet and the fact that they are so quiet is creepy and could be dangerous. I've only seen one charging station in my area at my local garden centre and I bet it costs a fortune to use it. As that was closed for over 2 months during lockdown , it would render it unusable.

Pantglas2 Sun 16-Aug-20 11:26:13

I’ve considered it but the prices are shocking (apologies!) given that I’ve never paid more than £10000 for a brand new car.

Limited range and lack of charging points are the other worries and given those quibbles I’ll probably not bother.

kittylester Sun 16-Aug-20 11:22:36

Does anyone have one? What is your opinion, what is the range, is that a problem?

Or any other experiences?

Thank you!