Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Make Up

(18 Posts)
QuickFire9 Sun 23-Aug-20 19:14:45

Has anyone ever used Trinny London make up? I’m tossing up between that and Charlotte Tilbury make up, I’ve used neither before. It’s difficult now with the virus as you can’t really try them and I’d rather not go into shops that sell make up.
Many Thanks.

Elegran Sun 23-Aug-20 19:27:44

I've no idea, *quickfire, but they both seem to be having a marketing spree at the moment, and being compared on lots of websites, so I am sure a Google search will find you information.

paddyanne Sun 23-Aug-20 19:37:48

I suggest you buy online from QVC ,they have agood range of makeup and you can try anything at home and return within 60 days if it doesn't suit.I usually buy Bare Minerals from them and I recently bought Laura Geller Balance and Glow baked foundation.I'm very pleased with it ,its one I'll buy again

kittylester Sun 23-Aug-20 19:38:35

I've no idea either quickfire. But welcome if you are a new poster.

QuickFire9 Sun 23-Aug-20 20:15:03

Thank you

QuickFire9 Sun 23-Aug-20 20:15:25

Great. I didn’t know. Thanks

QuickFire9 Sun 23-Aug-20 20:16:08

Elegran, I’m not sure I trust reviews online. They could be put on by anyone.

QuickFire9 Sun 23-Aug-20 21:20:11

Kittlylester, thank you so much. It looks a great place to learn and join in with people. I only became a grandma on the 8/8/20. A newbie.

NotTooOld Sun 23-Aug-20 21:23:33

Make up? What's that? Haven't worn any since lock down.

Kamiso Sun 23-Aug-20 21:42:30

www.lookfabulousforever.com/

Have bought several products from this site specifically for older users and been happy with them. I am far from a regular makeup user though.

Online reviews should be viewed with caution. My GS was very poorly on holiday from food poisoning. DD found out that companies can pay to have views removed and presumably add their own. I used to rely on them until I was made aware of this.

QuickFire9 Sun 23-Aug-20 21:47:13

Kamiso, thank you. I worry about reviews being tampered with. I don’t consider myself old yet either as I’m just over my mid 50s and wear jeans all the time so I still like make up.

annodomini Sun 23-Aug-20 22:15:39

Don't worry, QuickFire9, you will probably still like make-up twenty years hence. Can't say I use a lot, but I wouldn't leave home without it and I'm very nearly 80.

biba70 Sun 23-Aug-20 22:24:12

not worn make-up for many years- wonderful

BlueSky Mon 24-Aug-20 09:35:23

Agree with Anno! Can't be seen without my face on! grin

Missfoodlove Tue 25-Aug-20 09:07:13

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream is fantastic and worth every penny.
I save it for special occasions.

I am a bare minerals fan, I use their foundations and bronzes but hate their mascara!

If I want to try something new I buy Catrice from Just my look online.
Really well priced and some great concealers and primers.

Nansnet Tue 25-Aug-20 09:51:41

I've recently been watching a lot of Trinny London videos, and really like the idea of Trinny's makeup range, as it all seems very mix & match, and easy to apply. However, I'm not a great fan of ordering makeup online without being able to try it first.

I have previously used Charlotte Tilbury makeup, and love her Cheek to Chic blusher. I can also recommend her 'Healthy Glow' All-year Hydrating Summer Tint Moituriser' ... it's not as heavy as foundation, and adapts to your natural skin tone, with a slight sun-kissed look

mouchella Sun 24-Oct-21 16:42:15

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 24-Oct-21 17:24:51

Spam.