Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Meeting new people

(7 Posts)
Charlie2468 Thu 03-Sep-20 08:42:51

Hi
I live in Malvern and regularly have my grandson who is 4.
It would be lovely to meet other grandparents locally. Malvern or Worcester would be fine.

ExD Thu 03-Sep-20 08:45:52

What a nice idea. But I live in Cumbria.

Marydoll Thu 03-Sep-20 08:51:10

Charlie it is always a good idea to put where you live in the title. That way, you can target the right people.
Good luck, I hope you manage to meet someone.

Dannela21 Thu 03-Sep-20 09:48:49

Hi there , I've just joined, and live in north London, I have been retired quite a few years now, I'm a young 69 year old woman, but I am now finding myself very lonely, I would love to meet other women who would like to make friends.

lucyanne Thu 03-Sep-20 10:29:51

Welcome new member. I am fairly new too. Go to 'Forums' at top left click. Do a search for meet ups. There is a list of areas that have a group. There is a thread for Worcester lower down the left hand side. It is a bit out of date but may be worth contacting the members. Good luck. I did this and entered my details. I did post a message as Cumbria didn't show up. I see ExD is from my area will be in touch. I thought I was the only one as it didn't bring up anyone else.

Nonnie Thu 03-Sep-20 10:42:36

Lovely place to live. Not easy at the moment to meet new friends but when it all calms down why not join something? WI, U3A, knit and natter etc.

When we move I always chat to anyone and everyone and see what happens. Also what about (when allowed) having an 'open house' for the neighbours? We did with the result that we discovered we have the best neighbours anyone could have.

kircubbin2000 Thu 03-Sep-20 12:09:34

As my grandson is starting school his dad posted on face book that they were going to the park and welcomed any other P1 children.You could do this on your local mum's group.