Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Ankle boots?

(8 Posts)
Bluebellwould Wed 09-Sep-20 12:19:37

I have wide feet and also the toe next to my big toe on one foot sits on top of big toe. I have great difficulty finding shoes to fit never mind nice ones. I’m going to a wedding next month and the only thing I can find are some ankle boots. Is it ok to wear them with a skirt? Last time I wore boots they were knee length and with a long skirt. Please advise you trendy ladies out there. Thanks for help in advance.

Kate1949 Wed 09-Sep-20 12:27:47

I love glamorous shoes but unfortunately my days of wearing them are gone due to my troublesome feet. I wear ankle boots with a skirt. My favourite are shoe boots which look great with skirts and opaque tights in the winter. Good luck in your search.

MawB2 Wed 09-Sep-20 12:27:58

Looking at the style articles, ankle boots can be worn with skirts every bit as much as with trousers.
Personally I don’t like seeing a gap of leg, but that’s just me! (My legs!)
Maybe coloured opaque tights to go with the outfit -or indeed as a contrast - and you will be very trendy!

Lolo81 Thu 10-Sep-20 02:23:09

I often wear ankle boots with a knee length skirt, I also like what I call shoe boots. Like you I struggle with footwear having wide feet and the addition of a weak ankle following a break last year.
Believe it or not I’ve found primark really good for wide fit shoes (especially if it’s for an event, so I won’t wear v often).

Pantglas2 Thu 10-Sep-20 05:59:54

I agree with Kate - shoe boots look great with a skirt/dress. I have some navy, black and a slate grey pair which I wear with matching opaque tights.

NotSpaghetti Thu 10-Sep-20 06:30:25

Have you tried Lisa Tucci shoes? Not many outlets in the UK but I have arthritic toes and bought a pair of her ankle boots for a wedding about four years ago. I was comfortable all day and have worn them quite a lot since. Not cheap - and some styles were .... well, a bit unusual...
Mine are definitely unusual but not peculiar! Lol.

BlueSky Thu 10-Sep-20 10:55:24

I always wear ankle boots nowadays. I go from sandals to ankle boots. I like Reiker they are so comfy, I've got them in various colours. Autumn/winter I don't wear anything else, they also stopped me 'tripping'.

Magnolia62 Tue 15-Sep-20 20:58:13

I no longer own any casual shoes apart from two pairs I bought for weddings which are not actually very comfortable. I also go from sandals to boots and jeggings for the colder seasons. However, I have just bought some black suede ankle boots from Clark’s which I intend to wear with dresses and tunics with coloured thicker tights when the weather gets cooler. Relatively flat and very comfortable. I cannot cope with heels these days.