Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Chris Whitty & Patrick Vallance @ 11.00 - what will follow?

(166 Posts)
Riverwalk Mon 21-Sep-20 08:14:02

It seems we are going to be given the science with figures and graphs - live on TV but no questions taken, from what I've read. I'm not happy with the no-questions bit if it's true.

And then what? Seems all a bit stage-managed by the government …. I wish they would just say what measures we can expect instead of dragging it out.

lemongrove Thu 24-Sep-20 09:49:55

Flygirl

Exactly Taliya. Totally predictable 2nd wave fearmongering. Not enough people questioning the narrative and the "science". No healthy debates or truly investigative journalists asking important questions or putting alternative views and statistics across for balance. I wonder why?....?. Loads of medics and scientists out there straining to get their heads above the parapet without success. All very suspect and extremely predictable. Like living in a masked zombie apocolypse.

There’s plenty of debate going on around the subject of Covid19.
Mask wearing is a sensible precaution, that should also stop us all getting as much flu/colds as we usually do as well.

Alegrias Thu 24-Sep-20 08:35:56

"Bill Gates who couldn't even prevent a virus in his own software let alone the population"

That really is the best thing I've seen on GN. ?. I will say no more.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 24-Sep-20 07:07:10

Flygirl

Doodledog, dig deeper and do some research, it's all out there when you look. I will not get into it too deeply on here because I will get called all-sorts, but as with everything there ever has been, power, money and control are behind it all. The vaccine programme will generate billions for the Big Pharmaceuticals, being led by people like Bill Gates who couldn't even prevent a virus in his own software let alone the population. Look into his past (and even present) reputation, it isn't pretty. He is the main contributor to the WHO and pulls their strings. Most of our scientific advisors and government officials have hefty stakes in these companies. Sir Patrick Vallance himself has a £600,000 stake in a firm contracted to develop vaccines, and dear Mr Hancock. They are merely puppets dancing on the end of very long strings... Take a look at Dr.Vernon Coleman (calls himself "the old man in a chair") who is on a medium called Brand New Tube, Dr. Andrew Kaufman, Dr. Mikovits, Prof Dolores Cahill, for starters who are eminent professionals putting their necks on the line to try and bring some balance into a very one-sided view of things at the moment, then you can decide what thread you wish to follow and believe.

Weird

Flygirl Thu 24-Sep-20 00:37:44

Doodledog, dig deeper and do some research, it's all out there when you look. I will not get into it too deeply on here because I will get called all-sorts, but as with everything there ever has been, power, money and control are behind it all. The vaccine programme will generate billions for the Big Pharmaceuticals, being led by people like Bill Gates who couldn't even prevent a virus in his own software let alone the population. Look into his past (and even present) reputation, it isn't pretty. He is the main contributor to the WHO and pulls their strings. Most of our scientific advisors and government officials have hefty stakes in these companies. Sir Patrick Vallance himself has a £600,000 stake in a firm contracted to develop vaccines, and dear Mr Hancock. They are merely puppets dancing on the end of very long strings... Take a look at Dr.Vernon Coleman (calls himself "the old man in a chair") who is on a medium called Brand New Tube, Dr. Andrew Kaufman, Dr. Mikovits, Prof Dolores Cahill, for starters who are eminent professionals putting their necks on the line to try and bring some balance into a very one-sided view of things at the moment, then you can decide what thread you wish to follow and believe.

CraftyGranny Tue 22-Sep-20 14:34:05

It good news on the progress of the vaccine. I personally think it will make a huge difference when it is readily available. But, in the meantime we need to be very careful.

Have any of you seen any of these two videos, and what do you think?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFlqXPl_hZQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lq3_rsBJ9w

growstuff Tue 22-Sep-20 07:56:07

MaizieD

I wonder if Qanon is in there somewhere ?

It wouldn't surprise me.

MaizieD Tue 22-Sep-20 07:43:04

I wonder if Qanon is in there somewhere ?

Doodledog Mon 21-Sep-20 23:35:04

Flygirl. Would you please tell me who is behind all of this, and what they hope to achieve?

Callistemon Mon 21-Sep-20 23:16:23

I agree with all you say, Tillybelle.

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you, NannyC2

Callistemon Mon 21-Sep-20 23:13:25

This is getting surreal!

Unfortunately this sinister twaddle is being peddled around the world.

Flygirl Mon 21-Sep-20 23:10:20

Exactly Taliya. Totally predictable 2nd wave fearmongering. Not enough people questioning the narrative and the "science". No healthy debates or truly investigative journalists asking important questions or putting alternative views and statistics across for balance. I wonder why?....?. Loads of medics and scientists out there straining to get their heads above the parapet without success. All very suspect and extremely predictable. Like living in a masked zombie apocolypse.

Doodledog Mon 21-Sep-20 22:56:18

Would someone who thinks that this is all some sort of sinister plot please explain why they think that the government (and governments all over the world) has forked out billions of pounds and risked economies and backlogs of health problems?

Why would they do this? What can they stand to gain?

I accept that there are social control measures in place now that are making me uncomfortable, and there is no guarantee that they will be rolled back when this is all over; but are people saying that there is a conspiracy across Europe and elsewhere to bring these in, and the governments of various persuasions are collaborating?

I most certainly don't blindly trust Johnson (and particularly Cummings) to be acting in the public interest, and I think that the pandemic has been badly handled from the start; but I very much doubt that there is a plot afoot to do something unspecified. Why is Bill Gates seen as the Devil Incarnate all of a sudden?

I realise that I could google all of this, but I would much rather hear it from someone who can summarise their own thoughts. I am also aware that once you start looking at things like this it's like going through the Looking Glass, and I have a lot on just now.

growstuff Mon 21-Sep-20 22:42:43

BTW

Who exactly did you mean when you wrote:

But it is wrong to label people with high intelligence, scientific knowledge and diligence?

You obviously weren't talking about yourself, so I'm wondering who thus third person could be.

growstuff Mon 21-Sep-20 22:38:13

What on earth do you mean by this? Do you have plans to bump him off?

Also, Bill Gates is one of the most dangerous men on the planet, but hopefully not for much longer. His ultimate aim to depopulate the world and the method to attain this is deplorable and evil.

This is getting surreal! What the heck are you two smoking?

growstuff Mon 21-Sep-20 22:35:19

lemongrove

Really Tillybelle really?! What do you think Gates is doing?
Your posts do sound very much like conspiracy theories, although you are hiding them in amongst lots of high faluting verbiage.

OMG! Lemongrove You wrote what I was thinking for the second time today!

NannyC2 Mon 21-Sep-20 22:26:42

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lemongrove Mon 21-Sep-20 21:38:33

Really Tillybelle really?! What do you think Gates is doing?
Your posts do sound very much like conspiracy theories, although you are hiding them in amongst lots of high faluting verbiage.

Tillybelle Mon 21-Sep-20 20:46:34

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 21-Sep-20 19:58:18

My thought, for whats it worth, is that Boris will ask us older people to isolate and stay home as we tend to be the ones who end up in hospital and he is thinking of the NHS. He will close pubs and maybe put a curfew on everyone else.

I just don't know where the hell we are with the rules at the moment.

Alegrias Mon 21-Sep-20 19:33:30

Great post jennilin

Callistemon Mon 21-Sep-20 19:32:55

I would appreciate a regular briefing from Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance, without journalists asking repetitive and inane questions, perhaps fortnightly unless there is an issue to address in between. I would then like to see a government spokesperson following up a day later with any adjustment to the rules related to the science.
LauraNorder

That would be preferable to all the waffle.
A factual statement by scientists.

The journalists can ask inane questions of the politicians.

Callistemon Mon 21-Sep-20 19:28:27

I expect Snopes has been infiltrated by a Soros/Gates conspiracy too!

I did think that could be claimed by someone as soon as I posted it, growstuff!

jennilin Mon 21-Sep-20 19:26:50

Just in case stocking up on toilet rolls ... just joking . The situation is not serious yet but let us make sure it doesn't get serious . Most people don't want to believe the threat because of the inconvenience but it is a PANDEMIC ...that is not disputed. This is a new situation for us , a threat we never considered possible .. I think we have to follow the scientific advice even though the scientists are still working out the best route .. I don't know the answer and I suspect you don't so let's hope the scientists eventually work it out x

vegansrock Mon 21-Sep-20 18:55:29

Thing is, we can choose not to drive a car, it’s hard to live a normal life and not be exposed to the virus one way or another.

LauraNorder Mon 21-Sep-20 18:45:57

Yes Growstuff I do consider it an issue, hence today’s briefing.
Good post Teddy.
Haz I agree that a UK wide approach would make sense but unfortunately the devolved governments like to prove they are in control. Having said that I do, on this issue only, admire Nicola Sturgeon, Pity she and Boris don’t work together on this.
Cue PaddyAnne with ak47