Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Katie Price's broken ankles

(45 Posts)
MaryTheBookeeper Sun 25-Oct-20 23:31:24

I had a lot of sympathy for Katie Price with her broken ankles. Ok it was a silly accident but the recovery was said to be long & serious. Tonight there are millions of photos of her bare ankles as she's on holiday and I can't see a scar in sight. I thought she'd had extensive surgery?I'd imagined they might have had to cut through her tattoos but her feet look amazing. You wouldn't know there was anything wrong. How did they do it?

FannyCornforth Sun 08-Nov-20 13:16:17

Anniezee

I wonder how she can afford holidays and new teeth (they are not veneers but crowns which are expensive) whilst she is bankrupt. Can someone explain please? Does she have a secret money tree?!

Freebies for publicity for the company.
It's not unusual.
There probably isn't a person in the public eye who doesn't have a similar deal to some extent.

GillT57 Sun 08-Nov-20 13:08:59

Chewbacca you have summed up my thoughts on her concisely. She is to be pitied not pilloried. I wonder how many of the men who sneer and criticise her once drooled over her in the tabloid press?

Hetty58 Sun 08-Nov-20 12:03:16

fluttERBY123, somebody else writes them for her - as she's not very literate! Yes, somebody to be pitied rather than admired. She has to constantly create drama, get into the media - and get paid for it.

Anniezee Sun 08-Nov-20 11:45:15

I wonder how she can afford holidays and new teeth (they are not veneers but crowns which are expensive) whilst she is bankrupt. Can someone explain please? Does she have a secret money tree?!

fluttERBY123 Thu 29-Oct-20 17:47:50

I love KP's novels. Its all about her life, hardly disguised.

honeyrose Wed 28-Oct-20 09:18:27

Yes - very well summed up, Chewbacca. KP is more to be pitied than blamed. She does look quite ridiculous now too with all those surgeries/enhancements and have you seen those impossibly large, brilliant white veneered teeth?! Sad.

FannyCornforth Wed 28-Oct-20 09:03:15

I think she has a history of child sexual abuse aswell.
I could be wrong, however.

Iam64 Wed 28-Oct-20 07:03:47

Thanks Chewbacca - great post.

FannyCornforth Wed 28-Oct-20 05:25:01

Brilliant post Chewy

Chewbacca Tue 27-Oct-20 22:37:29

I have some sympathy for the woman. From a very early age she was encouraged to believe that all she needed to succeed in life was to have large breasts and look attractive to men. She's never completed a full education or been able to hold a sustained relationship with any of the men who have entered her life. Some of those men have used her as a vehicle for promoting their own careers; as have several female friends. She's been left as a single mother to 5 children, one of whom has many complex health problems. She has no other skill set apart from her face and body which is now showing signs of aging and so her earning capacity is reduced. All that's left to her now is notoriety, ever more outrageous cosmetic surgery to try to remain in the public eye and a mountain of debt due to never having learned how to manage her money when she had it. I think she's a tragic figure.

MissAdventure Tue 27-Oct-20 22:05:46

She almost did, for a while.
I had high hopes for those two.

Deedaa Tue 27-Oct-20 21:55:21

She's looking very rough these days. The dark hair does nothing for her and the black slug eyebrows, trout pout and shiny white teeth actually make her look older.

She has never been able to see that if you turn yourself into a sex object that is how men will see you You will end up attracting men who just want big boobs and, preferably, money. It was a pity she didn't stick with Peter Andre who used to tease her and tried to get her living normally

Callistemon Mon 26-Oct-20 19:19:46

She did not break her ankles!!

She did stuff.
Apparently.
Or so she said.

I still don't know how she crawled, got up again and stuff.

annsixty Mon 26-Oct-20 18:45:06

She is reported to be attending a zoom hearing for bankruptcy from her £1,500 a night hotel in , I think, the Maldives.
Nice work if you can get away with it.

TerriBull Mon 26-Oct-20 18:17:58

Someone up thread mooted that she may be on the autistic spectrum, I think I'd read that before, maybe on MN and I don't think it's unreasonable to reach that conclusion.

I do think it's sad she has felt the need to muck about surgically enhancing her body and face, she was perfectly fine in the first place and I'm sure she'd have aged a whole lot better if she'd maintained her natural state, 40 isn't old, it's still young but nevertheless at that age it's impossible to turn back the clock and capture the first flush of youth, that bloom fades quickly. It's kind of futile to emulate the style of a late teen/early 20 something and hard work too! Just too much of everything, hair extensions, lip fillers, teeth veneers, false nails, bust and bum fillers. I can't believe it can do anyone any good to anaesthetised merely to go under the knife for unnecessary surgery.

lemsip Mon 26-Oct-20 17:14:26

She did not break her ankles!! She broke multiple bones in her feet! she cannot stand on them, she can kneel and sit for the beach photos of course!

Callistemon Mon 26-Oct-20 16:46:33

I should have returned for surgery.
I was young and wanted to wear high heels and go dancing, not a surgical boot for months.

MissAdventure Mon 26-Oct-20 16:25:12

You wouldn't think just a hairline would cause problems years later.
Ouch!

Callistemon Mon 26-Oct-20 16:12:34

I had a fracture in the hairline of my foot years ago!
The start of many problems. I hope she gets it sorted; I didn't.

MissAdventure Mon 26-Oct-20 16:04:01

grin
Daft woman. Not you; Katie.

Callistemon Mon 26-Oct-20 15:55:52

I'm sure there are MissA.

Having an injury is not at all funny, but I was amused that she said she had fractured the hairline.

MissAdventure Mon 26-Oct-20 15:48:17

I'm sure there are children with far worse lives than Katie's lot.
Sometimes members here post about grandchildren who aren't being parented at
all well.
The answer usually given is to mind your own business.

Callistemon Mon 26-Oct-20 15:10:58

I didnt know she had supposedly broken her feet and her ankles, but when I checked she is reported to have said:

I just sort of fell funny on my ankles and I fractured the hairline on my heels and stuff. The hospital here wanted to operate and wanted to put pins in and stuff. Because I’m away, I’d rather wait until I get home.
Then showed a picture of herself with white bandages on her feet and legs.
She says she got around by crawling on her knees.

confused

It does not look as if both legs were plastered and it sounds more like a hairline fracture or even a sprain which was bandaged than a break.

Certainly when I broke mine I couldn't have crawled round on my knees - how did she manage to get up again?

Galaxy Mon 26-Oct-20 14:29:39

I dont think it is helpful to anyone trendy, I think from what I can see it did a lot of damage to Sam Fox as well.
I do also wonder why there are never any threads talking about dwight yorkes parenting who as fanny pointed out behaved appallingly towards harvey.

Luckylegs Mon 26-Oct-20 14:22:27

I just wonder why she doesn’t mother the five children she’s got rather than carry on with the endless men/holidays etc and considering having another poor little blighter! Imagine what their lives are like? Passed from pillar to post with different men bedding their mum every few months!