Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Katie Price's broken ankles

(44 Posts)
MaryTheBookeeper Sun 25-Oct-20 23:31:24

I had a lot of sympathy for Katie Price with her broken ankles. Ok it was a silly accident but the recovery was said to be long & serious. Tonight there are millions of photos of her bare ankles as she's on holiday and I can't see a scar in sight. I thought she'd had extensive surgery?I'd imagined they might have had to cut through her tattoos but her feet look amazing. You wouldn't know there was anything wrong. How did they do it?

Astral Mon 26-Oct-20 00:00:34

Looks like it was along the outside base of her foot and heel, so wouldnt be anything on her ankle

I can't sleep, silly clocks so I went and looked

dinks13 Mon 26-Oct-20 00:14:19

I was thinking the same a while ago, i’m Sure I kept reading that it was going to be at least a year before she could walk again??? Very confused.

Marydoll Mon 26-Oct-20 00:20:31

I think she has more to worry about than scars on her ankles. Her new veneers apparently fell out on holiday in the Maldives and she now plans to go back to Turkey to get them fixed. I thought she was bankrupt.

You would never believe we were in the middle of a pandemic! People are dying and all she is worried about what she looks like!

honeyrose Mon 26-Oct-20 00:33:56

Yes - I thought (from the press) she would be in plaster and or incapacitated for a long time and that’s only a few short weeks ago. Remarkable recovery!

BlueBelle Mon 26-Oct-20 06:34:12

Unfortunately the lady must be very mentally unwell and cannot bear to be out of the limelight no matter what the news about her is
If there is no drama she has to make it up
Her poor children have they all been passed to the various fathers now as she pops around the world

Sparklefizz Mon 26-Oct-20 08:05:07

I agree BlueBelle. She must be very mentally unwell. She has no talent to offer and the only way she can stay in the limelight is to concoct stories about herself or her poor children.

How she manages to pay for all these holidays and plastic surgery when she is supposedly bankrupt beats me!

Millie22 Mon 26-Oct-20 08:11:36

Bluebelle
I must have read that wrongly I thought you just referred to Katie Price as a 'lady' ....

Charleygirl5 Mon 26-Oct-20 08:14:05

I broke my ankle a few years ago, had surgery, was in plaster for 7 weeks but could not walk properly for around 3 months. It was an extremely painful operation.

sodapop Mon 26-Oct-20 08:19:06

I think that her appearance and 'fame' are the only things which sustain her, she has found life difficult as the limelight has fallen away. I think KP is more to be pitied than mocked.

Galaxy Mon 26-Oct-20 08:29:05

Katie price was on page 3 by the age of 18, I assume this means she was doing that sort of modelling from a very young age, what did people think was going to happen if we as a society treat very young girls in that way.

FannyCornforth Mon 26-Oct-20 08:29:37

I am convinced that Katie is on the Autistic Spectrum.
I feel very sorry for her; I think many of her actions are misunderstood.
I'm not a fan by any means and she makes some terrible decisions, but I think that her heart is in the right place.
She is very vulnerable.
Peter Andre and his wife Emily seem to have good relationships with her; I'm sure that they keep and eye on her.
Katie and Harvey were treated appallingly by Dwight Yorke.
The ankle situation does seem very peculiar.

shysal Mon 26-Oct-20 09:40:42

For some reason my tablet comes up with a list of headlines from The Sun every day. One today says that KP is to marry her latest man, with whom she is trying for a baby. Also says he has the biggest c**k she has ever had! All the spending is not the appropriate action of a bankrupt!

TrendyNannie6 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:19:07

I think KP is very vulnerable too, I’m not a fan at all, she’s made a lot of money from her books she’s had out, countless money through modelling, television appearances galore, shows etc, lots have taken advantage of her vulnerability!she knows how to court the press to her advantage, knows exactly what to say that causes maximum attention, but for the last few years seems to be a bit of a car crash! Galaxy! Sam fox was a page 3 girl at 16. Linda lusardi at 18 same age as Katie price

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:28:15

Yes, it's sad isn't it? If beauty is your main claim to fame when you're young it's always going to be a diminishing quality as you age unless you're very lucky. The only way to stay in the public eye and to make enough money to continue paying for a lavish lifestyle is to leak ever more outlandish stories to the press. It's not a very dignified way to live, is it? More to be pitied than scorned as a PP has said.

Grandmabatty Mon 26-Oct-20 12:31:33

My sil's father broke his ankle and was wearing a moon boot for weeks. He's still limping. Katie Price needs the oxygen of publicity to thrive and I just ignore her.

annsixty Mon 26-Oct-20 12:34:02

Just over a year ago I was visiting my D who lives not a million miles away from KP.
We were shopping in a clothing store and got in a queue at the till behind KP whose bill totalled £700+ before we moved to find another till.

This was in a week when she had had a bankruptcy hearing and was banned from driving.
She was very ordinary indeed.
I think she is a very mixed up young woman, very vulnerable and perhaps has the wrong people around her.

Bluebellwould Mon 26-Oct-20 13:16:31

annsixty, she is not a young woman, she’s 42! She knows exactly what she’s doing and manipulates everything around her whilst playing the little lost girl act.

Iam64 Mon 26-Oct-20 13:49:37

Bluebellwould, KP is a young woman in comparison with Ann sixty, or me.
I can't help but feel a bit sorry for anyone who makes their living from being a 'celebrity'. These women have little else but their bodies to sell so its endless plastic surgery, faux accidents, faux relationship, endless pregnancies. KP can't possibly have injured her ankles in the way she claims. Those new veneers, there will be bigger/smaller breasts - grim. It will be interesting when all those children start writing their life stories

Luckylegs Mon 26-Oct-20 14:22:27

I just wonder why she doesn’t mother the five children she’s got rather than carry on with the endless men/holidays etc and considering having another poor little blighter! Imagine what their lives are like? Passed from pillar to post with different men bedding their mum every few months!

Galaxy Mon 26-Oct-20 14:29:39

I dont think it is helpful to anyone trendy, I think from what I can see it did a lot of damage to Sam Fox as well.
I do also wonder why there are never any threads talking about dwight yorkes parenting who as fanny pointed out behaved appallingly towards harvey.

Callistemon Mon 26-Oct-20 15:10:58

I didnt know she had supposedly broken her feet and her ankles, but when I checked she is reported to have said:

I just sort of fell funny on my ankles and I fractured the hairline on my heels and stuff. The hospital here wanted to operate and wanted to put pins in and stuff. Because I’m away, I’d rather wait until I get home.
Then showed a picture of herself with white bandages on her feet and legs.
She says she got around by crawling on her knees.

confused

It does not look as if both legs were plastered and it sounds more like a hairline fracture or even a sprain which was bandaged than a break.

Certainly when I broke mine I couldn't have crawled round on my knees - how did she manage to get up again?

MissAdventure Mon 26-Oct-20 15:48:17

I'm sure there are children with far worse lives than Katie's lot.
Sometimes members here post about grandchildren who aren't being parented at
all well.
The answer usually given is to mind your own business.

Callistemon Mon 26-Oct-20 15:55:52

I'm sure there are MissA.

Having an injury is not at all funny, but I was amused that she said she had fractured the hairline.

MissAdventure Mon 26-Oct-20 16:04:01

grin
Daft woman. Not you; Katie.