Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Moshulu shoes and boots

(42 Posts)
Lucca Mon 09-Nov-20 10:52:27

I fancy some boots in their sale but wondered about their sizing ? I’m a 5 but have a high instep. Has anyone had their products ?

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 09-Nov-20 10:55:06

Sorry, never heard of them.

Lucca Mon 09-Nov-20 10:56:23

www.moshulu.co.uk/

NotAGran55 Mon 09-Nov-20 11:09:09

They are true to size but in my limited experience of 2 pairs of sandals they stretch/soften quite a lot .

Beechnut Mon 09-Nov-20 11:20:35

I’ve got several pairs of their sandals and found sizing to be ok. I don’t know about the stretch and softening that NotAGran mentions as I only bought them a few months ago and not worn a lot yet.

Ellianne Mon 09-Nov-20 11:43:56

Lucca Moshulu footwear is very popular here in the West Country, especially the canvas decking shoes. I have also had a few pairs of their leather shoes in the past and would say they do shrink a bit and go quite stiff and rigid when they get wet. I've never tried their boots.

SpringyChicken Mon 09-Nov-20 11:49:04

I have their Teacake boots. True to size, the leather is soft and the fitting isn't narrow so would probably accommodate your high instep. Soooo comfy and many people have asked where I bought them. Why nor phone customer service to reassure yourself.

Ellianne Mon 09-Nov-20 11:54:11

PS I am talking about getting them getting wet with salty sea water!!

Beechnut Mon 09-Nov-20 11:57:37

Ellianne have you heard of Salt Water sandals for wearing in water?

SpringyChicken Mon 09-Nov-20 11:58:07

Gasp, Ellianne, your poor shoes! My leather is soft and supple, one pair is about five years old.

kittylester Mon 09-Nov-20 12:14:05

I love Moshulu even though I live in Leicestershire!

I think they are true to size and soooooo comfy. I love their colours!

Ellianne Mon 09-Nov-20 12:16:42

SpringyChicken

Gasp, Ellianne, your poor shoes! My leather is soft and supple, one pair is about five years old.

Yes, grin, Skinnychicken, forever running after the dogs to catch them.

wendyann23 Mon 09-Nov-20 12:22:35

I’ve a pair of boots and a pair of deck shoes, both comfy and no problems size wise. They also sell some nice handbags.

kittylester Mon 09-Nov-20 13:32:33

Their customer service is brilliant. I have occasionally returned shoes and refunds are fast.

Lucca Mon 09-Nov-20 13:37:10

SpringyChicken

I have their Teacake boots. True to size, the leather is soft and the fitting isn't narrow so would probably accommodate your high instep. Soooo comfy and many people have asked where I bought them. Why nor phone customer service to reassure yourself.

Thanks Yes I tried phoning but busy, awaiting a call back.

Lucca Mon 09-Nov-20 13:38:49

Thanks everyone for the helpful posts.....ordering this afternoon!

Lucca Mon 09-Nov-20 13:40:15

Springy chicken would you say teacake ones look ok with the dreaded jogging bottoms tucked in ?

Luckygirl Mon 09-Nov-20 13:40:58

I had some leather decking type shoes from there -they were jolly uncomfortable - the seams dug in.

rosie1959 Mon 09-Nov-20 14:15:42

Love Moshulu have many pairs
I have wide feet and they always fit and are very comfortable
Even brought the slippers for my DH who has Lymphadema they are roomy enough for him

SpringyChicken Mon 09-Nov-20 14:24:39

Now just a cotton pickin' minute, Ellianne. You can call me SpringyChicken or Springy but I ain't no SkinnyChicken! grin wink

Erm, Lucca, no, I wouldn't say jogging bottoms tucked in would be my choice. I wear mine with slim legged jeans.

Sunlover Mon 09-Nov-20 14:56:13

Never heard of these before. Just had a look and ordered some sandals in the sale. ???

Ellianne Mon 09-Nov-20 15:12:47

SpringyChicken

Now just a cotton pickin' minute, Ellianne. You can call me SpringyChicken or Springy but I ain't no SkinnyChicken! grin wink

Erm, Lucca, no, I wouldn't say jogging bottoms tucked in would be my choice. I wear mine with slim legged jeans.

Ha ha! Sorry Springychicken at least it wasn't stringy or stinky chicken!

SpringyChicken Mon 09-Nov-20 15:16:09

lol ?

J52 Mon 09-Nov-20 15:28:26

Their sandals are great, I usually have a new pair each year and wear them to death!
A friend loves their slippers and boots. Neither of us have ever had a bad purchase.

kittylester Mon 09-Nov-20 15:44:42

My name is kitty and I'm a Moshulu addict. blush

I have just checked and I have 3 pairs of leather loafers, 2 pairs of suede loafers, three pairs of boots, 2 pairs of their Birkenstocks, 1 pair of sandals and 3 pairs of slippers. I'm somewhat embarrassed. They have been acquired over a good few years is all I can say.