Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

JSometimes I just need a Loving Cuddle

(34 Posts)
Msida Fri 05-Mar-21 20:19:07

Sometimes I just need a cuddle It's so hard to live without a loving cuddle It actually feels like pain so it must be bad for your health

mercedez Sun 07-Mar-21 10:29:27

My family have never really hugged. When my Dad died a lady said to me did you hug your Mum a lot. I said “no” and she said I would regret that for the rest of my life which I have to say upset me. The next time I saw my Mum I apologised for not hugging her and she said “thank goodness you didn’t I would have hated it”.

henetha Sun 07-Mar-21 10:33:13

I was never really hugged as a child, we just didn't in those days, did we. So when hugging became the thing I absolutely loved it and miss it like mad now.

Anniebach Sun 07-Mar-21 10:40:16

I am from a very hugging extended family, my parents hug us,
my siblings hugged each other, our children ,cousins hug each other, now I am estranged from them and my grandchildren can’t visit I so miss that human touch

nanna8 Sun 07-Mar-21 11:05:17

I’m a hugger,too. I kiss and hug all my friends when I meet them. This horrible disease has spoilt all that though the huggers amongst us are beginning to get back to normal over here. Until the next lousy plane load that is.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 07-Mar-21 11:28:33

I am fortunate to remember two of my Great Grandmas they were huggers as are all of our family members and those who have joined seem to have adapted to hugging . We have lots of close friends and we all seem to be huggers

I am so looking forward to hugs from family and dear friends

Hetty58 Sun 07-Mar-21 11:31:08

I'm not used to hugging anyway (my family really weren't huggers) but I know there are weighted 'hugging' teddies available for hyperactive children.

I wonder if adult versions are available? If so, I bet their sales are booming!

Juliet27 Sun 07-Mar-21 11:37:10

Goodness knows when I shall have hugs from my son and daughter again. They are both over 10,000 miles away.

lemsip Sun 07-Mar-21 11:46:46

i miss hugs, i live alone. If you have an OH just give them a hug, they may well welcome it as much as you would. A quick hug is a 'pick me up' I you wait around for one you may never get it.