Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

In a bit of a dilemma regarding a house move

(55 Posts)
Dotty1960 Sun 11-Apr-21 12:45:50

No Peasblossom theres no allotments but theres a massive communal garden,its very large indeed plus its a ground floor flat so as soon as i open the patio windows all the grass is there so I guess thats a plus if I decide on the flat.

Peasblossom Sun 11-Apr-21 12:39:03

I’d always chose the garden, even if it meant I had to live in the shed! My indoors environment isnt that important to me it’s the space around it that counts????

If you do decide on the flat are there any allotments near you. My son has such a lovely one in inner Nottingham. He practically lives on it when he’s not working.

Dotty1960 Sun 11-Apr-21 12:27:18

I think I may have to do that wildswan,so I have one for keeping the dream,thank you!

wildswan16 Sun 11-Apr-21 12:18:40

I'm in a 2 bed flat - would love a wee house with a garden and keep looking for the "perfect" one!

I would stick with your dream - would you be able to rent in the area until you find one. Or you could buy the flat and think about moving again in a few years, though that might cost you a bit more.

Dotty1960 Sun 11-Apr-21 12:14:40

Hi ladies,just need a few opinions as Im going around in circles at the moment.
Ive lived in a 2 bed roomed flat all my life and decided to sell up and move to a different area.
I managed to sell up and received a really good price so I put in a offer for a lovely house.
I moved out of my flat but sadly the house fell through.So right now Im staying in a hotel and my furniture is in storage.
Ive always wanted to own my own house so Ive continued to look for another house which would take up all my money that I recieved for my flat.
However I came across a lovely 2 bedroomed flat in the area which I love,the price is excellent.
However my dilema is...............do I stick it out and find myself a house which would mean I have no savings left and I would have to carry on working.
Or do I go for the flat which would mean I have around £30,000 left over which would mean I could easily go part time in my job and have that amount of money left in the bank.
Ive been so happy looking for a house with a garden because that is my dream but it would mean I would have to carry on working and have very little left in the bank for my future,
But the thought of going part time working and having a hefty amount put away for my future also makes me feel happy..................its just the thought of going back into a flat and not a house that Ive always dreamed of.
Ladies what would you consider the most important in this dilemma of mine??

I could find a cheaper house I guess in a different area but if this is going to be my last move then I definatly want it in the area I love best.
Im 63 years old if that helps.