Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What's for lunch and dinner today?

(299 Posts)
Riverwalk Sat 08-Jan-22 12:23:48

I've not long had breakfast but it was very meagre - a bit of granola and yoghurt. I'm quite well stocked with goodies but can't decide what to have and need some inspiration.

What are your eating plans for the day?

Maggiemaybe Thu 17-Feb-22 20:16:21

Hot cross bun slathered with butter for breakfast, leftover corned beef hash for dinner, and pasta with a broad bean and mint pesto sauce for tea, followed by melon and grapes. I'll be on a fast day tomorrow, so just one meal for me.

BlueBalou Thu 17-Feb-22 20:08:42

No breakfast just coffee, lunch was cheese and onion quiche with new potatoes and a celery, tomato, spring onion and cucumber side salad. Tea was salmon glazed with a homemade teriyaki sauce, lemon and pea rice and fresh fruit after.

BBbevan Thu 17-Feb-22 19:30:49

Mushroom omelette for lunch, low carb toad in the hole and broccoli for tea. Goodness knows about tomorrow .We are in the red area .

fairfraise Thu 17-Feb-22 19:27:33

Sardines on toast and salad for lunch, Scotch egg and oven chips and salad for tea.

Patsy70 Thu 17-Feb-22 19:07:58

So many variations of food on here! ?

Redhead56 Thu 17-Feb-22 18:43:40

Picnic lunch with our daughter and granddaughter. I made a prawn curry with rice and veg for tea just a piece of fruit for afters.

Kim19 Thu 17-Feb-22 18:38:54

First meal was brunch and mega healthy. Tea was an egg/tomato sandwich and macaroni pie. Both delicious but much less healthy! All good.

MissAdventure Thu 17-Feb-22 18:24:28

I've just had beans on toast. smile

Mapleleaf Thu 17-Feb-22 18:23:03

Turkey, oven chips and green beans for dinner tonight.

Patsy70 Thu 17-Feb-22 14:04:27

Lunch was toasted home made soda bread with mushroom pate and avocado. Dinner will be seafood risotto.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 17-Feb-22 13:44:39

Sawdust and Hay.

Does anyone else remember The Wooden-tops from Watch with Mother?

I loved them, and Rag, Tag and Bobtail too.

Riverwalk Tue 15-Feb-22 15:41:42

For lunch I had mustard beef & chantenay carrot casserole ? with a huge mound of Savoy cabbage. But today is one of those appetite of a horse days and I'm already starting to feel peckish.

Tonight probably toasted bagel thin, with Philly cheese & smoked salmon ?doesn't sound enough though I might have to re think!

henetha Thu 03-Feb-22 10:56:25

I'm going out to lunch with my neighbour today... Yippee!
So tonight I will only have scrambled eggs or similar.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 02-Feb-22 11:58:46

Early lunch for me too scrambled eggs and salmon.

Tea is chicken in a N*ndos marinade, jacket potato and veggies.

Riverwalk Wed 02-Feb-22 11:35:02

About to have an early lunch of toasted cheese muffin with two fried eggs and a few chopped anchovies on top - I'm then off to my jazz dance class so need to be light on my feet! I once went straight after eating the whole carton of smoked haddock chowder and could barely move as was so full grin

Dinner will be Swedish-style meatballs from the freezer.

Maggiemaybe Wed 02-Feb-22 11:02:52

I’ve had to go back to my 5:2 intermittent fasting, otherwise I’m never going to lose the extra pounds that have sneaked up on me lately. Nothing for me till tea - ginger & garlic king prawns with peanut roast potatoes.

Redhead56 Wed 02-Feb-22 10:37:16

Cheese and onion roll for lunch I made some Scouse yesterday will finish that off today for my tea. My husband made a pan of chicken soup that will last him a couple of days.

Shinamae Wed 02-Feb-22 10:30:45

I dare not put mine as my choices are so boring compared to what I’m reading!!

BBbevan Wed 02-Feb-22 10:23:36

Ham sandwiches for lunch, cod and prawn stew with fennel for supper. Though I haven’t made it yet.

Maggiemaybe Tue 01-Feb-22 18:25:50

We’ve just had the rest of the spicy chicken bake from the other day. It was even better the second time round (I often think this). I had my dance class at lunchtime, so just grabbed a few oatcakes and some fruit.

Baggs Tue 01-Feb-22 15:58:49

Scotch broth made with venison is very good but the best version is still made with the traditional lamb.

In case yous needed to know wink

Grandmadinosaur Tue 01-Feb-22 15:01:12

My lunch today was a few prawns and some yellow sticker bargain crab pate on toast.

Tea is mushroom omelette and salad.

TillyTrotter Tue 01-Feb-22 14:48:35

Smoked salmon trimmings on top of oat crackers today. The salmon was in the freezer from Christmas.

Mapleleaf Mon 31-Jan-22 19:56:04

Turkey sandwich for lunch, omelette & chips followed by blueberries for dinner.

Maggiemaybe Mon 31-Jan-22 18:28:52

Very much not homemade Supernoodles for lunch blush, but roast salmon and beetroot pasta with a walnut, pesto and rocket dressing for tea. I’m so full, and I’ll be resisting the supper at our pub quiz tonight.