Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Special Guardianship Order - Question

(73 Posts)
GrandadGarage Sun 16-Jan-22 12:18:34

Hello

Does anyone have any experience of this.

We have had one in place for our granddaughter for almost 4 years now and the estranged father has suddenly popped up through the courts for a Child Arrangement Order.

I’m going to get some legal advice but does anybody have any similar experience; I’d like to know if what he is requesting cannot be granted given we have the SGO in place

Thanks

Iam64 Thu 21-Apr-22 19:42:19

??

GrandadGarage Thu 21-Apr-22 18:25:41

Thank you so much for the warm and kind messages I really appreciate it

Best wishes to all

Xx

Iam64 Wed 20-Apr-22 21:14:01

What a relief for you all. I do hope dad backs off now so your family can relax.
Very best wishes to all of you.

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 20-Apr-22 16:31:01

Congratulations and well done, Grandad Garage. Your granddaughter will grow up in a secure and loving place without her father's malign influence.

silverlining48 Wed 20-Apr-22 15:22:39

The right decision at last GrandadGarage. Have followed your story and can only say how happy I am to hear that you now have peace of mind.
You and so many like you have done a marvellous thing and provided your grandchikd with the security all children need. Well done. Celebrate x

Callistemon21 Wed 20-Apr-22 14:56:47

Yes, a relief and peace of mind for you all, I hope.

GrandadGarage Wed 20-Apr-22 14:53:58

Thank you ?

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 20-Apr-22 14:00:49

That’s wonderful. What a relief for you. Nice of you to let us know. All the best.

GrandadGarage Wed 20-Apr-22 13:46:52

Finally received confirmation this morning it’s been dismissed as the father didn’t follow court directions

I’ll never celebrate denying a father/daughter relationship but it’s put to bed at last and we can move on.

Iam64 Sat 02-Apr-22 20:18:08

Fingers crossed with you. What an extended period of stress

GrandadGarage Sat 02-Apr-22 19:07:43

The second court has now granted the father until 13/April to re-submit or it’s dismissed.

Fingers crossed

He never complied with the order for the other child he has applied for

crazyH Tue 15-Mar-22 21:06:08

GrandadGarage……I hope everything goes well for you and the grandchildren x

welbeck Tue 15-Mar-22 20:57:06

ditto.

Iam64 Tue 15-Mar-22 20:49:58

Good to hear your update. Hope all goes as you want it to

mokryna Tue 15-Mar-22 20:48:04

Thank you for the update. Hoping for a good outcome for you all.

GrandadGarage Tue 15-Mar-22 18:03:58

So….. we’re still waiting for confirmation this has been dismissed; we got a letter today saying the case had transferred to a court more local to us; he didn’t amend the application as far as we are aware and he had up until the 26th Feb to do so.

The court letter that arrived today was dated 3rd March it’s so slow

Our solicitor said as he didn’t amend his application to cover the other two parties with PR that when it’s reviewed it should get thrown out.

Here’s hoping….

Iam64 Sat 26-Feb-22 09:02:39

Thanks to you and so many other lovely grandparents, aunties, uncles and friends, children who could have faced a future away from loved ones are safe, loved and treasured.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 26-Feb-22 09:02:30

Thank you for the update. I sincerely hope he will now back off. Good luck. You deserve it.

GrandadGarage Sat 26-Feb-22 08:52:13

She’s beautiful, funny and a real treasure in our lives; of course it’s tiring being over 50 and we have lost any independence/freedom we had meaning our marriage and plans for the future have changed dramatically however there is immense pleasure in bringing her up; these are the cards we have been dealt and the positives far far outweigh anything else.

Allsorts Sat 26-Feb-22 05:57:13

Grandadgarage, I think your granddaughter is fortunate to have you both, she must be such a joy to have. Your sil sounds a real charmer, hope he doesn’t get anywhere near her. How dare he even think he has any rights.

Iam64 Fri 25-Feb-22 22:01:56

It’s my understanding that an Order from the family court is exactly that, an Order not a request or suggestion.
I do hope it’s possible to draw a line under this so you can relax as a family. Hope your solicitor can help

GrandadGarage Fri 25-Feb-22 21:38:54

Hi there, yes the worst was having to re-read all the files I’d kept; GDs Mums breakdown in particular was harrowing when I look back

I hope he can’t try this again hopefully our solicitor can give us a pointer

Iam64 Fri 25-Feb-22 21:27:39

Good to have your update. It’s so stressful and unfair that this ‘father’ has been able to cause stress and anxiety in this way.

GrandadGarage Fri 25-Feb-22 21:20:46

So….. over two weeks ago the father was directed to amend the court application as he missed off two other people with PR for my GD, I phoned the court today and apparently hale hasn’t filed anything at all.

It looks like this won’t proceed any further

I’ve asked my solicitor if he can apply again in the future or if i can take out any order against him as I can’t be having this every time he feels like he wants to take us to court..

His other child they’ve got a full court date but he hasn’t responded to allegations of DV which he was directed to do by the court

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 03-Feb-22 11:52:29

He sounds a real charmer.