Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Light in the box

(7 Posts)
Esspee Mon 25-Jul-22 11:48:17

I have seen some lovely cool looking summer dresses on the IN adverts which come up on Gransnet.
Has anyone purchased anything from them?
I fear it may be one of those companies where the quality is rubbish so does anyone have first hand experience of ordering from them?

Georgesgran Mon 25-Jul-22 12:03:04

Just read the first line of the reviews - ‘terrible company,’ ‘the worst customer services ever’
Doesn’t sound too promising?
Perhaps order a cheap item and see how it goes, but the reviews would definitely put me off.

shysal Mon 25-Jul-22 13:42:06

Yes, I ordered a couple of items and found the fabric very poor quality, cheap polyester although one was meant to be 100% cotton. The photos are not even genuine, often missing a head and the same body with different patterns superimposed. I won't be ordering anything else.

Visgir1 Mon 25-Jul-22 13:51:21

I did a while ago.. Took absolutely ages to get here (from China I expect) and it was fine, what I wanted for a wedding, so luckily I ordered months before I needed it.
Bit wouldn't do it again.

Esspee Mon 25-Jul-22 13:55:30

Thank you all. That was what I suspected.
Gransnet is wonderful for helping us learn from the experiences of others.

NanKate Mon 25-Jul-22 14:02:38

I saw a lovely tunic from Roman on an advert on GN and was very pleased with it. Have a look you might find a summer dress you fancy.

Hellogirl1 Mon 25-Jul-22 15:21:56

I bought 2 lovely cardigans, they look hand knitted, from Light in the Box, they wash beautifully by hand, very pleased with them.