Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Where to find this bra

(17 Posts)
FranP Sun 18-Feb-24 00:22:51

I saw a facebook add for a non-wired bra for more mature ladies. It wrapped over and hooked under each arm.

Great, I thought, worth a try, but at the time too busy to follow up. I have since seen about a dozen different people with the same video and advert, so am somewhat suspicious. and cannot find it off fb.

So I am her asking if anyone has bought one and
a) are happy with it from a comfort and quality point of view
b) where from please?

TinSoldier Sun 18-Feb-24 00:31:43

There is an iClosam sports bra which is a kind of sports vest with lace crossovers that hook just in front of the underarm. Is that what you are thinking of? It looks comfortable but I haven't tried it.

FoghornLeghorn Sun 18-Feb-24 00:34:25

Here you are OP.

www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-Sports-Bras-iClosam-Knickers/s?c=ts&ts_id=1731339031&keywords=Women%27s+Sports+Bras&rh=n%3A1731339031%2Cp_89%3AiClosam&tag=gransnetforum-21

BlueBelle Sun 18-Feb-24 06:47:10

I d feel very careful with that bra Amazon sell stuff from the cheap Chinese sites I bought some leggings off Amazon and you could shoot peas through them
I ve just googled the firm and it is one of the cheap Chinese factories and got a good few poor reviews
A LOT of the things advertised on FB are these cheap Chinese sites
Anyway let us know how it is if you buy it

Whiff Sun 18-Feb-24 10:26:11

Just Googled they have the sort of bra you mention it's on a company called Curvypower, also have a look at M&S ,Damart and Cotton trader.

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 18-Feb-24 10:36:29

I wouldn’t recommend that company Whiff. The reviews are very poor and the first one says that if you want to return something you have to send it overseas.

Whiff Sun 18-Feb-24 10:55:30

GSM thanks for the heads up. Voice of reason as always . 🤗

Germanshepherdsmum Sun 18-Feb-24 10:59:31

Thanks Whiff! 😊

Primrose53 Sun 18-Feb-24 11:29:57

Late one night I ordered a pack of 3 bras off Facebook. I think they were about £20. The advert focussed on older ladies and had lots of 🔥🔥 decorating the advert. I put my stupidity down to tiredness.

They arrived (from China) and they were the cheapest tat you ever saw, no support and absolutely tiny. I showed my friend and we had a good laugh as they just about covered our nipples! I googled the site and it was dreadful reviews. I contacted Paypal and got a full refund. This site was Spuskey but they start up new sites all the time, sell thousands, get awful reviews and start another similar site. I don’t know why FB allow this. AVOID ANYTHING THAT SAYS “SPONSORED” under the title and has lots of 🔥🔥

Glorianny Sun 18-Feb-24 11:47:55

I too was tempted by an ad about these sort of bras. If you have tiny breasts they may be fine. But they are basically made of very soft stretchy cotton and offer little support. The bit which hooks across just stretches into a thin squashed bit under your breasts and does nothing.
I'm still looking for a non-wired bra which offers proper support for big boobs

BlueBelle Sun 18-Feb-24 12:57:40

As I said up thread don’t touch em with a barge pole

NannyJan53 Sun 18-Feb-24 19:23:33

I would not order anything advertised on Facebook!

petra Sun 18-Feb-24 19:35:27

They are everywhere.
I just did a Google images search. Dozens of company’s are selling them.

BlueBelle Sun 18-Feb-24 19:40:34

But all cheap Chinese firms

petra Sun 18-Feb-24 19:41:24

Primrose
I was banned from FB some years ago for telling the truth about these knockoff goods.
We ( there were a lot of us) worked very had to protect and educate people.
After the ban I thought, what’s the point, people are going to do what they want to do.🤷‍♀️

petra Sun 18-Feb-24 19:42:53

I meant to add that I once had a list of 230 Chinese companies owned by one man 😡

Charleygirl5 Sun 18-Feb-24 22:32:53

I usually buy my bras online from M&S.