Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

RAC for servicing

(11 Posts)
tanith Thu 22-Feb-24 11:57:52

I’m with the RAC and I have an email offering an at home service with discount I just wonder if anyone has used them for car servicing? It would be very convenient.

keepingquiet Thu 22-Feb-24 12:19:34

My daughter has been a RAC memeber for a while but when she needed them in an emergency they let her down very badly. I won't go into the tedious deitals but it took 48 hours for them to sort out her situation and a good part of those she was left alone in a not nice part of a city.
I am sure some people will have very positive experiences too but my daughter has left the organisation and won't be back!

tanith Thu 22-Feb-24 13:12:13

That’s such a shame, I’ve only had very positive outcomes in emergencies. Thank-you anyway.

AGAA4 Thu 22-Feb-24 13:26:07

I have been with RAC for 25 years and only been called out twice. Had to wait hours both times.
A few weeks ago I had a problem with my car. To cut a long story short they didn't come to my aid telling me to sort it out myself. Needless to say I won't be using them again.
Btw. I explained that I was in my late 70s and on my own.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 22-Feb-24 13:35:38

I would be surprised if they had in their van everything a garage needs for a full service.

pascal30 Thu 22-Feb-24 14:02:56

I am with the RAC and have never been offered this service.. I use my local guy.. but I cansee tha it would be super convenient to have a service at home..

tanith Thu 22-Feb-24 14:07:38

If you look at their website it’s on there.

crazyH Thu 22-Feb-24 14:16:29

I have a Kia. The Kia garage picks my car up and drops it off. Good service. It’s probably all included in the cost of the service 😂 but I don’t mind

AGAA4 Thu 22-Feb-24 14:22:06

RAC do offer a service but I would be wary as if they find something needing repair they may send you off to a garage. If you have a service at a garage they will do any repairs necessary with your permission.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 22-Feb-24 14:25:01

I agree, AGA.

tanith Thu 22-Feb-24 17:39:12

Thanks everyone I doubt I’ll take them up on it now.