Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Boots (Sorry long post)

(27 Posts)
Silverlady333 Thu 17-Sept-26 13:44:55

Hello ladies I am looking for recommendations for a pair of boots. I need leather ankle boots in a wide fitting, low heel and they need to be leather lined. Oh and in a size 7. I sent off for a pair from the Gabor website that said leather lined but when they arrived they were not. Also they were dispatched by Charles Clinkard (and on their website they have a different description. When I complained via their web site they just referred to their own description). Fortunately they sent me an email which I was able to return with a screen shot of the Gabor website. They sent me a pre paid returns label. Then I sent off for a pair of Paver's boots. Same problem. They have a leather insole but the rest is thick padded material lining! At least they have provided a returns label. Various friends have suggested different places but non of them have what I want. My old pair were from Clarks but they do not appear to make them with a leather lining any more. So I am hoping you lovely lot can help me to find what I need. They have to be leather lined because I have hot feet! I live in sandals until the last minute. However winter is coming and I have to sort something out! Thanks in advance.

NotSpaghetti Thu 17-Sept-26 14:17:02

What about Loake.
I suppose it depends how wide...

www.bradshawandlloyd.com/product-category/loake-womens-boots/?swoof=1&hl=en-GB&v=7885444af42e&pa_fitting=f&pa_style=ankle-boots&really_curr_tax=1381-product_cat

Cygnet Thu 17-Sept-26 14:25:27

Have you tried Moshulu? They have Chukka ankle boots that are leather lined and in the sale at the moment. They are local to me and I’ve found their boots very comfortable. Sorry, I can’t do links.

Cossy Thu 17-Sept-26 14:32:46

If you cannot find a co pair leather lined, why not get the most comfy and stylish boots you like and have them lined at a “cobblers”

Silverlady333 Fri 18-Sept-26 22:15:41

Thank you for your replies. Cossy I an not sure a cobbler can retro fit a leather lining and I certainly can't afford them to be hand made lol. Notspagetti I looked up the Loake web site and they have a very small selection at the moment. So Cygnet I am going to try the Moshulu ones. Their nearest shop is some way from where I live in Market Harborough but I plan to go there so at least I can try them on. If any other Gransnetters have any other suggestions i am all ears. Thankyou

NotSpaghetti Fri 18-Sept-26 23:47:25

What about unlined ankle boots.
Quite a few of those.

nanna8 Fri 18-Sept-26 23:49:37

Ugh boots ? Lined with natural fur. Do you get those there ?

MawsRosie Sat 19-Sept-26 00:02:14

nanna8

Ugh boots ? Lined with natural fur. Do you get those there ?

UGG not Ugh!

NotSpaghetti Sat 19-Sept-26 00:03:36

Just googled unlined boots.
This is just copy/paste.
...might be an option?

Duckfeet boots can be ordered via their dedicated UK retailer, Watkinsons Shoes, or through Alpinetrek UK, which carries an range of their unlined models (such as the Fåborg and Roskilde) with localized UK delivery.
www.alpinetrek.co.uk/brands/duckfeet/?hl=en-GB#:~:text=Mand%C3%B8%20Sandals.%20%C2%A3114.95%20from%20%C2%A378.17.%204%2C7%20(12),Sandals.%20from%20%C2%A396.85.%204%2C4%20(37)%20*%20Duckfeet.

Jim Green: You can order directly through the official Jim Green UK Store. They stock models like the African Ranger.
jimgreenfootwear.co.uk/?hl=en-GB#:~:text=*%20Leather%20Footbeds%20%C2%A314.99.%20*%20Stockman%20%2D,*%20African%20Ranger%20%2D%20Natural%20Veg%20Tan.

​Softstar Shoes ship globally directly to the UK from their workshop via the official Softstar Shoes Website.
www.softstarshoes.com/?hl=en-GB

Other things:
www.vivobarefoot.com/uk/sensus-chelsea-womens?colour=Obsidian&tw_source=google&tw_adid=706083172226&tw_campaign=21476951708&tw_kwdid=pla-489482339032&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=21476951708&gbraid=0AAAAAC6xxnT_o2MQQou9pto7Hfa6tdrCZ&gclid=CjwKCAjwwrPVBhA1EiwAv_YO-eJ4fm49bHGdrucvVC6OC-_3sGivgIH5TPAdOKl-6pP2XmF7SiZ-4RoCxV8QAvD_BwE
Maybe take the insole out?

One of my daughters wears "barefoot" shoes and boots.
This may be helpful:
anyasreviews.com/10-best-barefoot-boots-for-everyday-fall-winter/

NotSpaghetti Sat 19-Sept-26 00:05:51

I'm pretty sure moshulu use textiles in the linings.

NotAGran55 Sat 19-Sept-26 01:48:06

solebliss.com/collections/boots?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=23713116713&gbraid=0AAAAADMeTLArzhPDq9gb22T71jLEB2m7v&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgsWEoLT5lgMVvdJEBx2I-wRGEAAYAyAAEgJ6wPD_BwE

Sole Bliss say their boots are leather lined in the ‘details’ tabs.

Elrel Sat 19-Sept-26 01:55:04

Best if possible is to buy boots where you can try them on and ensure they right for you in every way.

nanna8 Sat 19-Sept-26 05:29:18

MawsRosie

nanna8

Ugh boots ? Lined with natural fur. Do you get those there ?

UGG not Ugh!

Yes, I had a laugh at my own expense there . I don’t like them much though they are very comfy. They come in all shapes and sizes now.

NotSpaghetti Sat 19-Sept-26 07:28:14

I had completely forgotten about Sole Bliss.

I have wide feet and need a big toe box. I have a pair of their shoes.
Mine are very comfortable.

Susie42 Tue 22-Sept-26 14:03:35

I have a pair of Moshulu Bourbon 2 ankle boots and they are very comfortable. I’ve also have a couple of pairs of Hotter ankle boots but I wear the Moshulu more.

Romola Tue 22-Sept-26 14:14:28

Carl Scarpa shoes and boots are leather lined, heavenly but expensive. And I'm not sure if they do wide fittings.

dollydaydream68 Tue 22-Sept-26 14:40:52

I like Hotter or Pavers. Recently bought some funky purple boots from Pavers

PamelaJ1 Tue 22-Sept-26 15:05:06

nanna8

Ugh boots ? Lined with natural fur. Do you get those there ?

Yes we do nanna but I think that they are the ones made in China.

PamelaJ1 Tue 22-Sept-26 15:07:42

Sorry nanna I hadn’t finished! They aren’t the sort of boots that ‘look smart’ but they are very warm and cosy. Mine have a hole in the toe now, must get some more.

Silverlady333 Thu 24-Sept-26 14:17:10

I am after smart looking boots but I am kind of getting desperate. Some nice suggestions on here. I have looked at all of them Sadly some are just out of my price bracket. I definitely don't want Uggs or anything with a faux fur lining. I have very hot feet that tend to swell in the heat which is why I am after leather lined. I love the ones I got from Clarks a good few years back however they are now on their last legs, or should I say feet lol. There are some lovely ones from America but I suspect I would have to pay an import charge too. Also as Elrel said I would like to try them on 1st. Please keep your suggestions coming1 Thanks to all who have responded so far.

NotAGran55 Thu 24-Sept-26 16:23:00

What is your maximum budget for your boots 🥾 Silverlady333 ?

Elrel Fri 25-Sept-26 01:03:58

Love my Ecco lace up ankle boots!

Silverlady333 Sun 27-Sept-26 10:21:08

NotAGran,not sure probably about £150. Having just forked out £612 for new glasses! I love the Sole Bliss ones but £250.00 is a bit much.

NotAGran55 Sun 27-Sept-26 10:49:39

Hmmm, this is proving quite difficult. I’ve had a quick look, but will try again later when I get home.
The combination of leather lining and wide…….

If you know the name of your old boots, have you tried a google search? You might drop onto an outlet or similar that has them 🤷🏻‍♀️?
Or maybe Vinted, eBay or Amazon..

Silverlady333 Tue 29-Sept-26 17:32:43

I think I have found some. Just ordered via M&S by Jones the Bootmakers. Wish me luck that this pair fit!