Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Chat Room

(8 Posts)
JuliaSue22 Mon 04-Jul-16 18:01:35

I want to find a good chat room for bereaved spouses - not doom and gloom but help and support - not a dating agency - in my locality if possible. Any ideas?

annsixty Mon 04-Jul-16 18:26:30

None at all I'm afraid but do you have Streetlife in your area? It is a local website and my friend joined a friendship club, but not online or a chat room. This is a lunchtime weekly meeting in the conservatory of a local pub and she has made some good friends, mostly on their own, and they have meals out, outings etc. if there isn't one are you brave enough to start one by advertising? This one I am talking about has been going about 14 months and from a small start has about 40 members. One word , it can become a bit cliquey!!

ninathenana Mon 04-Jul-16 22:31:13

Are you on FB ? Perhaps there is a page for a suitable local group.

MarySunshine Tue 05-Jul-16 07:23:00

Bereavement.co.uk has forums and a live chat as well as lots of written support and info on their site.

Also as annsixty has mentioned Streetlife and I second that. Once you have signed up you can also write your own message asking if there are others in a similar position who you could meet with ... Because its local its a very safe way of online meet up.

Mumsy Tue 05-Jul-16 07:44:30

www.cruse.org.uk/cruse-areas-and-branches

some areas have a support group

Grandson2008 Tue 05-Jul-16 10:39:35

I recently lost my precious mum to vascular dementia 5 weeks ago in fact. I haven't let the grief come as I have had so much to do pus of course looking after my dad. He has been through various stages as is the way but now he's gone weird ie talking about replacing everything in the bungalow there is nothing wrong its practically new anyway okus talking about going on holiday on his own for months at a time as anyone else been through this help if you can

ninathenana Tue 05-Jul-16 11:25:48

Sorry for your loss Grandson2008 flowers I lost my mum due to dementia too.
Dad died many years ago and I remember mum having an 'odd' few months. She became obsessed with many things including asbestos in the bathroom confusedhmm and would get tearful over the worry that the council would find out. I think your dad's behaviour is a phase of the grieving process.

Grandson2008 Tue 05-Jul-16 11:48:27

Thank you for your help its just what do you do face them and yell them or hope it will pass I know he would be devastated to get ris of all their stuff as he and my mum were really close don't want to upset him anymore.