Gransnet forums

Bereavement

My beloved child

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Wed 01-Nov-17 18:45:42

My beloved daughter took her life in the early hours of this morning.

My first born, my joy, my best friend , my laughter, my tears

I am broken

Annie

NfkDumpling Mon 20-Nov-17 10:36:08

Well, not much.

Anniebach Mon 20-Nov-17 10:37:14

Can't eat more, appetite gone

NannyTee Mon 20-Nov-17 10:37:33

Thank-you for the lovely messages Smileless and Izzywizzy .So kind. Xx

NfkDumpling Mon 20-Nov-17 10:46:42

You ate, that’s the main thing.

You all have such courage. The messages over the last few days of all the loss and brave faces and courage was quite overwhelming. XX

Swanny Mon 20-Nov-17 10:55:39

Just wanted to send my love Annie to you and all on this thread who have and are experiencing sadness. It's impossible to find words to make everything alright for anyone, but the strength of feelings being expressed helps us to feel we are not alone in our grieving x

nigglynellie Mon 20-Nov-17 11:03:03

Deep deep sympathy to all on here who have suffered grievous loss/worry for a loved one. I wish I could say something helpful but nothing I can say can really help at all. However, my heart goes goes out to everyone at this unhappy time.

nigglynellie Mon 20-Nov-17 11:03:48

x.

Crafting Mon 20-Nov-17 11:03:59

Morning annie. Difficult to eat when you have no appetite. Could you manage some soop with a little bread or perhaps a banana? I'm not nagging either it's just that we care about you annie and you need some substance to your meals.

Auntieflo Mon 20-Nov-17 11:24:34

Annie, much as we love you, please don't start eating 'soop'. We need her in her kitchen. smile

Swanny Mon 20-Nov-17 11:25:12

Annie I know yogurt doesn't agree with you but can you drink milk? My breakfast for years has been a cup of hot milk with two spoons of sugar and one of coffee. It's the only way I can drink milk and the only time in the day I have sugar. Plenty of black coffee throughout the day though and, once or twice a week, an occasional cup of tea.

BTW the coffee has to be decaf as it was found caffeine was messing up my digestion. I had to force myself to eat and after a few mouthfuls of a meal I would feel bloated, yet I was losing weight ...

Anniebach Mon 20-Nov-17 11:41:33

Auntieflo, if eating soop would get me into size 10 I would consider canabalism ?

Crafting Mon 20-Nov-17 11:47:30

?. Oh my goodness. I have spent so long in the kitchen I have forgotten how you spell soup!!!

Anniebach Mon 20-Nov-17 12:01:39

I paid for my daughters mobile, it's in my name,received the phone bill, am troubled. Was told over weekend she was being bullied by a young man in the same street, the phone bill shows she made many calls to the police that week , not the day before her death. That day she phoned the women's support charity they assisted with housing for her, I rang them that day too, said I was very concerned, they wouldn't speak about her. she phoned the surgery too.

The police told her husband they failed to find her phone, I have it !

Luckygirl Mon 20-Nov-17 12:04:10

Poor lass - what troubles there were in her life.

Have you tried complan? - it is not as unappetising as it sounds and you can just sip at it throughout the morning rather than having to glug the lot down.

Anniebach Mon 20-Nov-17 12:38:47

Yes Luckygirl , am now in Ensure Plus, I think perhaps milk doesn't like me unless in tea,

Wonder how many mugs of tea would it take to use a pint of milk a day ?

NfkDumpling Mon 20-Nov-17 12:58:48

Soya milk? Goats milk?

Do the police know all of this about the phone calls? They obviously know about the calls to them, but the others? Is the young chap likely to be a danger? Sorry, am concerned.

Jalima1108 Mon 20-Nov-17 13:17:00

I find that rice cakes are hard to eat at the best of times Anniebach.
My Scottish friend used to say that porridge was the best thing to eat if you felt poorly hmm but in fact I quite like a bowl of children's Readybrek, I find it comforting, especially with sugar or honey. It's very easy to eat.

Today is very wet, dark and miserable here, perhaps having a duvet day might be a good idea. We had to go and have our flu jabs though.

I wish I could bring you some roastchicken soop soup

Anniebach Mon 20-Nov-17 14:38:35

Nfk, unless the police have the mobile number and contact the company they can't have knowledge of the calls. They could not have information of her phone calls just by use of her name and address because it's my mobile and billed to my address . They could contact all companies with the number but they cannot know what texts she received.

Perhaps I am being too suspicious, just been told the inquest will give the toxicology report and any injuries but will then be closed, no questions as to what led to that night, no mention the police were talking to her three hours before she died, nothing. Just what physical causes may have been found at the PM, it will be over in minutes . The interim death certificate said fell in the river, how can anyone fall off a path over a five foot wall and into the river.

A few years ago she came to live with me for a while, someone told me there were things being said of her on Facebook, they printed it off for me. The girl responsible was the partner of a P.S.O. At the town station, I contacted them, two officers came to my house, said it was libel , asked if they could take the print off so they could print it off and it would be returned that afternoon, it wasn't , I asked for it back and they said there was no record of a police officer calling on me. This is why I do not trust them

Crafting Mon 20-Nov-17 15:10:03

That is worrying annie. I am sure you would just like to know the truth behind what happened to your daughter during her last week. If she phoned the police they must surely have a record of her calls. Could they not tell you what the calls were about?

POGS Mon 20-Nov-17 15:33:09

Thinking of you Annie.

Anniebach Mon 20-Nov-17 17:25:52

Thank you all x

I have been busy, contacted the coroners clerk, the police gave my son in law the wrong information. There will be a full inquest, open because that is the law. We can write and ask for disclosure of statements before the inquest, it is the coroners decision if anyone who gave statements is called to the inquest but we can ask questions at the inquest . I will read the statements and then decide if we should have a solicitor present. Thank God the clerk was on old school friend of younger daughter , this made it easier for me because I was asking questions and crying at the same time.

Very much doubt we will ever know why at 8.55 my daughter rang her cousin, chatted and said 'see you tomorrow' the police called with her between 1 and 2am and she died at 5.00am. The police referred themselves to the police complaints thingy and we have been told their visit was unrelated to what happened three hours later so they don't have to say why they visited her .

Crafting Mon 20-Nov-17 17:33:41

Seems a bit mean not to tell you why they visited annie. I am sure under the circumstances most of us would want to know anything that could explain what happened. I hope this is not causing you more worry x

Anniebach Mon 20-Nov-17 17:41:11

Mean or perhaps cunning Crafting

NfkDumpling Mon 20-Nov-17 17:54:14

This does all sound a bit, well, not right. Things being swept under carpets. The police called her between 1 and 2 AM? For goodness sake, it has to be related.

NfkDumpling Mon 20-Nov-17 17:55:39

Tea/dinner time! roastchicken

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion