Gransnet forums

Bereavement

Loss my elder sister

(15 Posts)
Stevenwu Fri 17-Dec-21 21:52:03

My elder sister was hit by a car and was badly injured. Her head hit the ground and lost conscious. She died after spending 4 days in ICU in hospital. She was so innocent, she was waking on the crosswalk line when the accident was happen, the car broke the rule, it turned left at a "No left turn" cross in a rush, without notice my sister was walking on the crosswalk. I hated that driver, if he had obeyed the traffic rule, if he had payed more attention even when he was breaking the rule, then the tragedy won't happen. I was so sad about my sister's death, much more unbearable than my father's death in the early of last year. Because she was only 51 years old, and hardly have time to enjoy her life. She was always busy doing her job and struggle with her life, she divorced many years ago. After many years' efforts she has made, her life start to get better and better, her only son was studying in USA and will get his master degree two years later, she has a decent income now and will retire four years later. If the tragedy hadn't happened, she would have more chance to enjoy her life later. All the beautiful dream was shattered, she even hadn't a choice to speak out her wills, if so I would help her to fulfill her will. Sometimes I wonder what happened in her mind just before she totally lost conscious, did she fell fear or lonely? because when she was dying there wasn't any family member or close friend accompany her. During the first two weeks after her death, I always cry or sob when I was thinking this tragedy. when I was crying I felt my stomach was twisted.

CafeAuLait Fri 17-Dec-21 22:19:04

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. What a tragic and needless accident. flowers

crazyH Fri 17-Dec-21 22:25:56

So sorry for your loss flowers

rafichagran Fri 17-Dec-21 22:35:09

Very sorry to hear this.flowers

Grandmadinosaur Sun 19-Dec-21 16:54:23

So sorry for your loss. Difficult to bear especially at this time of year. ?

mokryna Sun 19-Dec-21 16:58:29

So sorry to hear of your loss. flowers

ShazzaKanazza Sun 19-Dec-21 20:01:59

So very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved sister? ? what a terrible tragedy.

Greenfinch Sun 19-Dec-21 20:14:56

What a horrible thing to happen. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Hetty58 Sun 19-Dec-21 20:35:22

Stevenwu, how terribly sad for you.

You said 'Sometimes I wonder what happened in her mind' and, of course we'll never know for sure. However, in case it's any small comfort, in a similar accident, I went into shock before losing consciousness. I felt strange, floating, very cold, very tired - yet incredibly calm and relaxed about it.

Ali23 Sun 19-Dec-21 21:13:38

I am so very sorry. This must be so hard for you. Sending hugs.

Stevenwu Thu 23-Dec-21 09:28:46

Hetty58

Stevenwu, how terribly sad for you.

You said 'Sometimes I wonder what happened in her mind' and, of course we'll never know for sure. However, in case it's any small comfort, in a similar accident, I went into shock before losing consciousness. I felt strange, floating, very cold, very tired - yet incredibly calm and relaxed about it.

Hi Hetty8,

Thank you very much for your information. I'm afraid she was dying in great fear and lonely. Your experience make me feel a little bit relive.

Thank you.

Luckygirl3 Thu 23-Dec-21 09:45:58

flowers

Redhead56 Thu 23-Dec-21 10:17:10

Very sorry about the tragic loss of your sister she is still with you in your memories treasure them ?

Forestflame Thu 23-Dec-21 22:14:52

Lost my sister too, so I have a very good idea how you feel ( though it was a few years ago in my case). As a previous poster has said, treasure your happy memories of her. Sending you ?

lavendermine Thu 23-Dec-21 23:33:54

So sorry flowers