Gransnet forums

Books/book club

The Mouseproof Kitchen - Q&A

(86 Posts)
sherish Fri 07-Feb-14 09:54:40

I was fortunate to receive this book and I'm halfway through it. I'm really enjoying it and what makes it more true to life is that Saira has a daughter with cerebal palsy so is obviously writing from experience. Brilliant!

JillMay Fri 07-Feb-14 09:33:29

Thank you for the book. I have nearly finished it and am finding it a good read.

nonnanna Fri 07-Feb-14 07:48:16

Thank you for my copy of The Mouseproof Kitchen. It was a great, addictive read and as mentioned in other posts, very thought provoking. I had questions for Saira but having read the article in the above link they've already been answered. I love the title of the book - it hints at some things you can control and others...?? No chance! Sending special thoughts to Saira, her family and her friends. Will there be a sequel?

sallyc06 Thu 06-Feb-14 21:08:48

What a fab book, cannot put it down. Great storyline.

tubbygran Thu 06-Feb-14 20:46:02

Fantastic, thought-provoking book. Couldn't put it down. Highly recommended.

gardener Thu 06-Feb-14 18:03:29

I've read about 100 pages up to now and I can't put it down !!

numberplease Thu 06-Feb-14 16:58:01

I`m about two thirds into it now, really enjoying it, if enjoying is the right word.

Marelli Thu 06-Feb-14 09:19:11

Really enjoying it so far.smile

Aka Wed 05-Feb-14 22:46:33

I've already read it. Disappointed.

penguinpaperback Wed 05-Feb-14 22:38:42

Hi, I bought a copy of this book after reading an article about the author. I've just started reading the book and am looking forward to the web chat.
If anyone would like to know more of Saira's life,
www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/authorinterviews/9954382/Difficult-truths-Saira-Shah-interview.html

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 04-Feb-14 14:48:16

Those who were lucky enough to win copies of this month's book club choice should have received their books.

Author Saira Shah will be doing a Q&A later in the month - so do add your questions for her here. (For those who don't yet have a copy details about the book and how to get one here

<<<<UPDATE>>>>

Saira has now answered your questions - you can read what she has to say from here