Gransnet forums

Books/book club

'Enery the V111

(9 Posts)
Flowerofthewest Wed 03-Sep-14 18:45:45

Possible feetlebum sorry feetlebaum meant Vlll of course blush

Flowerofthewest Wed 03-Sep-14 18:43:54

On the same note, and the same friend but not book related: I lay in my bed in the beach hut and noticed that there were doggy footprints and a large boot print on the ceiling of the hut. I pointed them out and she said 'I wonder how they got up there, maybe the dog was held upside down, but why?' then, 'They must have had long legs!' I said 'Who?' 'The person who was lying on the bed and made the boot print of course' Silly me confused

I just raised myself up onto my elbow and stared at her, frowning. 'WHAT?' she exclaimed. Then the penny dropped, it had to drop a flippin' long way, I can tell you.

feetlebaum Wed 03-Sep-14 12:23:57

V111? Was that to have been Hitler's next weapon?

feetlebaum Wed 03-Sep-14 12:23:05

Yes, but was the actor ambiguous?

rubysong Wed 03-Sep-14 11:55:05

Don't know. Someone who works there. Very good and fabulous costumes. Tudor folk kept popping up all over the place and re-enacting scenes from his life.

Galen Wed 03-Sep-14 11:10:54

Who the actor?

rubysong Wed 03-Sep-14 10:41:23

On a recent visit to Hampton Court Palace, DH and I had a nice chat with Henry VIII, on the subject of Anne of Cleves. He was magnificently dressed and looked very convincing, just walking in the garden with one of his courtiers. I said, "I'm going to ask him a question." DH said, " you can't speak to him, he's the king." He was very nice, totally in character, so we bowed/curtseyed and called him 'your majesty'. Of course in reality he was a monster ambiguous character.

Kiora Tue 02-Sep-14 21:11:14

I love those moments with friends flower they really bind a friendship

Flowerofthewest Tue 02-Sep-14 20:21:48

While sitting at a beach hut yesterday with my dear friend I notice that the book she was reading was by Ann Cleeves, I said 'Oh, wasn't one of Henry V111's wives Ann of Cleves?' she looked up from her book and said in all seriousness 'I think so, but it wasn't this one' Two old ladies collapsed with laughter.