Gransnet forums

Books/book club

November book club

(162 Posts)
ajanela Thu 13-Nov-14 18:39:09

I have recommended this book for our Book group December book for discussion after reading the preview on Gransnet. I shall look forward to the question and answer session so I can send the link to our members We also all read Invention of Wings and enjoyed very much after I won a copy.

Maggiemaybe Wed 12-Nov-14 18:50:50

Thanks for checking, Cari. I'll hang on for a few days before I buy the book. [fingerscrossedemoticon]

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 12-Nov-14 14:53:37

Update! Books should arrive in the next day or two. Will let you know about deadline for comments and questions once you have had a chance to dig in

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 10-Nov-14 10:57:02

Oooh I will double check!

merlotgran Sun 09-Nov-14 17:15:28

Same here. I haven't seen anyone mention that they've received their copy.

Maggiemaybe Sat 08-Nov-14 20:40:52

Have the free copies of Hello from the Gillespies been sent out yet? Just asking as I like the look of this one and was waiting to see if I was lucky enough to have won a free copy before buying it. The discussion would usually have started before now. hmm

Teetime Sat 08-Nov-14 13:56:42

OK thank you.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 07-Nov-14 18:38:23

I have just bought the kindle version. I won't have to comment as it is not a freebie.

And I won't get round to reading it for about six months. Got a queue of books.

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 07-Nov-14 18:36:27

This is the book for this month

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 07-Nov-14 18:34:52

You don't have to join it Teetime. Just watch out for HQ saying what the next book will be and then try for a free one. Otherwise you have to buy one if you want to join in the discussion. They put a link up to Amazon.

Teetime Fri 07-Nov-14 08:50:31

How do I go about joining the Book Club please?

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 04-Nov-14 15:22:16

Our pick this month is Hello From the Gillespies (fine out more here and author Monica McInerney will be answering your comments and questions towards the end of the month.

So if you received a copy of the book don't forget to post on the thread - and if you didn't do join in anyway!