Books/book club

Science-Fiction. Fictitious book review

(13 Posts)
robomonk Tue 16-Jun-15 06:10:31

Unbelievable! Read onwards.
Science-Fiction
Review: By robomomk
The New Dead, by Realto Laandsman.
This is truly the most devastatingly powerful science-fictitious book my arthritic fingers have never thumbed. An author, of the ilk of the father of the ‘Frankenstein chronicles’, I speak of non-other than Archimedes Nostradamus, Laandsman surfaces with this his elemental volume, the first of a series of three raised to the exponential power of, the ‘unimaginable’ … The plot arises and eventually resolves about the dilemma of all the characters, including Himroids the protagonist and his love, Bucanoisette being caught in an eternal circus maelstrom cycle of entertainment called, The Great Pretence of Life.
The engine of the dynamic of the character’s dramatic performances in the show is the deus ex machina, a cubic transparent spectral rainbow-die held within a crystal sphere by a spatial vortex in incessant decay and disequilibrium- the cause of oxidation or rusting of the universe. This oxidation wind of decay blows through and energises the universe, fans the fire of the universe in fact so that all death in life is warm but all life in death loses warmth and dissipates energy.
I shall not rob those who may intend not reading the book of its existential ending which in fact is no ending but a dissolution to the next volume. Suffice it to say that the very typically human foibles and weaknesses are blown by the wind through time and place and translated through history in hierarchies of evolutionary vortices which exist in each identity or person in the universe for all time. This apparent mundane universality provides the safety net and confidence for the performers to engage in their respective operatic roles. It must be read to be experienced, I reveal nothing. Bravo Laandsman. Four stars.

ninathenana Tue 16-Jun-15 07:11:16

Ya, wot ?

Soutra Tue 16-Jun-15 07:13:52

I think you need to check out the difference between fictitious and fictional. Apart from that, if a thing is worth saying ONCE is enough. hmm

AshTree Tue 16-Jun-15 07:22:18

You just pipped me to the post Soutra. A book review that is fictitious? hmm

robomonk Tue 16-Jun-15 07:42:19

I totally agree with you guys. In fact the book has totally dissolved and all that remains are the repetitions of the review! Well, at least you are witnesses to the fact as am I. (As long as my memory holds out that is!) Best wishes from down south by the way. It's rainy in Sydney town. r

ninathenana Tue 16-Jun-15 08:08:20

Confused.com !

hildajenniJ Tue 16-Jun-15 08:46:30

Fabulous review of a non existent book. I love imaginary Sci-fi. I can't wait not to read Realto Landsman's previous volume.

AlieOxon Tue 16-Jun-15 09:00:01

I'm so glad I can't read this one.

robomonk Tue 16-Jun-15 09:18:39

Laandsman's, previous (to the elemental volume)? Now you're talking. I think, if the essence predates existence then we have the pre-cursor, the creative force of the elemental volume to read. I'll have to track it down from all the previews which may be deduced not to be. You there Dr. Watson?

annsixty Tue 16-Jun-15 09:35:05

I'm going to have to go back to bed and see if I wake up in this universe or a parallel one again.

Soutra Tue 16-Jun-15 18:41:09

Pointless exercise IMHO. I have no wish to read this non-existent book and rather wish I hadn't wasted any part of my life not reading a non-existent review.
This post is also entirely fictitious, as perhaps are you, robomonk??

Ana Tue 16-Jun-15 18:49:26

I see this 'review' has also been posted on Dead Zone, a website apparently devoted to science fiction, and probably elsewhere as well.

There is no such author as Realto Laandsman according to IE.

Ana Tue 16-Jun-15 19:36:16

The review on that website is also by robomoMk, not robomonk as the OP presents him/herself.