Gransnet forums

Books/book club

January book club - Crooked Heart

(100 Posts)
GrannyGlyn Wed 23-Dec-15 17:30:37

Thank you for my copy of Crooked Heart that arrived today.
Looks like just the thing to read between Christmas and New Year.

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 23-Dec-15 17:47:39

<wanders in> Do come back to post your questions and comments for the author on this thread once you've read! Enjoy, everyone tchsmile

merlotgran Wed 23-Dec-15 19:29:14

Mine arrived as well. Something to look forward to when it's all over!

hjw2505 Wed 23-Dec-15 21:17:24

Perfect timing, just got back home from an 11 hour shift at work to find my copy of Crooked Heart had arrived. I now have the luxury of 8 days off work,and a good book to read

Supernan Wed 23-Dec-15 23:33:13

Thank you. I think I'm going to enjoy. Maybe even get a quiet moment over Christmas!

Nana3 Thu 24-Dec-15 00:16:30

Thank you for the copy of Crooked Hearts. Started it already, couldn't wait. Enjoying it very much.

northernfi Sat 26-Dec-15 16:34:32

So lovely for one of the parcels arriving in my house on Christmas Eve to be for me! Looking forward to reading once the family head south and I can start getting to bed with enough time to read!

celebgran Sat 26-Dec-15 19:07:26

I too was v pleased to receive the book and hope to get started on it now we back from our sons,
Thank you very much

Daffodil51 Sun 27-Dec-15 14:37:37

Thank you for my copy of Crooked Hearts I'm looking forward to a bit of me time reading this in the new year

marpau Mon 28-Dec-15 10:06:27

Thank goodness for boxing day football it meant I could start my new book I believe there is more football on today can't wait for a lovely afternoon reading

Grannyjacq1 Mon 28-Dec-15 10:32:44

Thrilled to receive my copy just before Christmas. Just need to finish the book I am currently reading ('A spool of blue thread' - Anne Tyler') which, I must admit, I am not particularly enthralled by - though will persevere.

keriku Mon 28-Dec-15 11:13:31

I have read more than half of this so far-what an absolute wee cracker of a book Thanks gransnet!

pattieb Mon 28-Dec-15 12:07:30

Many thanks for my copy of this book.
I'm enjoying it very much.

belmont Mon 28-Dec-15 15:27:57

many thanks for my book,I`ll be starting it tonight.thanks gransnet!

sedgwick20 Mon 28-Dec-15 15:44:04

Thank you for my copy of the Crooked Heart. I'm intriqued by the storyline, can't wait to start it.

Nana3 Mon 28-Dec-15 16:58:08

I've finished Crooked Heart, I enjoyed the story and the characters even the flawed ones. There's lots happening so I was kept interested till the end. Don't want to say too much as no-one else has posted that they have finished.

Grannie48 Mon 28-Dec-15 17:52:40

I am really enjoying reading this. Thank you.

bigbird1 Tue 29-Dec-15 10:52:39

Thank you for my book. I started it last night and could not put it down until I had finished it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was strange as although most of the chsracters were flawed in some way , I really liked them all. It was a bit special for me as it was set in the area I grew up, although I didn't understand why one road was fictitious. I will be checking out other books by the author.

Frannygranny Wed 30-Dec-15 12:38:08

Thank you for my copy. I read it in one sitting, not something I usually do. It was well written and poignant at times. The flaws in the characters only added to the story, even with the flaws you could empathise with some of them.

Anya Wed 30-Dec-15 13:30:56

I recently read another book by Lissa Evans, also set in London (mainly) during the Blitz called 'Their Finest Hour and a Half' - or something like that.

Again, well written and a good read.

loopylou Wed 30-Dec-15 13:57:12

Thank you so much for my copy which arrived a few minutes ago ?
I'm really looking forward to starting it later, a lovely treat.

wallers5 Thu 31-Dec-15 07:41:09

Lovely pristine book arrived, for which thank you. Enjoyed reading Crooked Heart. She certainly portrays a wonderfully vivid picture of the Blitz & how the Evacuees had to cope away from their family. Quite exciting , funny in parts & moving. I will recommend it to other book clubs.

inishowen Thu 31-Dec-15 15:09:27

Thank you, my book arrived a few days ago. Started last night and I'm loving it! The cover sort of put me off as it doesn't depict a typical war time scene. As they say, don't judge a book by it's cover, this one is brilliant.

jeberdes83 Thu 31-Dec-15 15:23:46

Am I too late for the January Book, Crooked Heart?

cikada Fri 01-Jan-16 09:43:06

Thank you so much for my copy of the Crooked Heart, which arrived on the last day of the year. What a lovely surprise and great start for reading in the New Year.