Gransnet forums

Books/book club

May book club: The Switch

(29 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Sat 23-May-20 18:26:24

I think most of us will be waiting to see whether we are lucky enough to get a Book Club copy, Milly. Noone’s mentioned it yet so I still have my fingers crossed. smile

Milly Sat 23-May-20 18:07:02

I keep looking here to see what everyone thought about The Switch, but see I shall have to start the thread. I sent for it for my Kindle as soon as it was mentioned so probably read it earlier than most, and have read two more since, so details are not as clear in my old memory as they would have been if I had taken the plunge and started the thread earlier.

However, it was a lovely book portraying us older ladies as real people still ready for romance and organising people! There are not many books, or TV progs (Last Tango in Halifax the exception) which do this.

Also, of course, the relationship with her daughter and grand daughter was bitter sweet, and the various characters that came into her life were so well written that altogether it was a compelling and amusing read.

Does anyone know if Beth O'Leary has written similar books ?

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-May-20 16:20:49

You can find out more about the book HERE smile

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-May-20 16:19:25

The copies of The Switch will soon be arriving with our May book club winners. brew

If you're lucky enough to receive a copy or have one of your own, please leave your questions for Beth on this thread. grin