Gransnet forums

Books/book club

Would you make the deal? Let’s talk about Dorian Gray.

(5 Posts)
Roksana Sat 10-Oct-26 20:51:19

If you could have a portrait like Dorian Gray’s that reflect your inner soul, would you accept it?
Sometimes I think about the fate of Dorian Gray and wonder whether it is truly a blessing or a curse.
I am very curious about your perspective, so feel free to share your thoughts.
P.S. If you haven’t read ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray' yet, autumn is the perfect time for it. I definietly recommend it!

Allsorts Sat 10-Oct-26 21:00:52

I would not want one.

Roksana Sun 11-Oct-26 08:25:26

Hello, thank you for your response! Could you tell me a bit more about why you wouldn't want one?

MT62 Sun 11-Oct-26 11:35:54

No I will be happy to go when my time is up, (not yet of course).
I don’t want to be here to see what we have become in another thirty years time.

Basgetti Sun 11-Oct-26 11:50:12

No thank you.