Gransnet forums

Care & carers

Electric Beds

(4 Posts)
Grumpyoldwoman Sat 04-Jun-11 20:42:23

I am wanting to buy an electric adjustable bed for my husband.
Does anyone have any experience of the size/type and can anyone recommend a make (not TOO expensive)
Thank you.

HildaW Tue 07-Jun-11 14:55:32

Many companies who offer these products can be a bit quick to make a sale. If your husband has specific needs you might be able to get some advise through doctors or social services. We were caring for an elderly relative for a while and becaise of this we got very good advise and even some equipment on loan. It varies depending on health authority. Just be careful about contacting firms direct until you know what you are looking for.

susiecb Tue 07-Jun-11 15:45:40

Good advice from Hilda my long experience nursing in the community bears this out. in one area I worked everyone who needed one got one on the NHS in another area not far away very few people did.
Good bed companies should be helpful you need to work out just what you need the bed for is it just postioning while in bed or for getting up as well ( like the ejector chairs) and also what kind of mattress you need. We found Benson Beds very helpful and knowledgable.

nathanzgmm Mon 26-Nov-12 09:28:35

Message deleted by Gransnet.