Gransnet forums

Charities

Brave the Shave, now all official and open for donations!

(79 Posts)
phoenix Thu 26-Jul-18 17:43:51

Hello everyone,

I have now set up my page on bravetheshave.org.uk

No donations showing as yet, but perhaps that's because I have only just started spreading the word grin

If you would like to donate, there are 2 ways, either text SHAVE 16573 to 70550 which will allow you to make a donation of £5, or go to the website and use the "find a shaver" option, when I am not being Phoenix, I pretend to be Rachel Hudson wink

GNHQ, perhaps you would consider pinning this post?

Thank you!

Patiponp201 Thu 27-Sep-18 06:14:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MissAdventure Mon 13-Aug-18 22:38:48

smile

phoenix Mon 13-Aug-18 22:38:02

WOW Have gone over the £600 mark! Absolutely bloody amazing, bearing in mind that I only signed up on July 17th! shock grin

Thank you to NonnaW, Grannyactivist & Cherrytree

I hope that I have included everyone, but if there is anyone that I've missed, I send thanks and apologies. The wonderful GN members have made up the bulk of my donations, and I really appreciate your support. flowers

phoenix Sun 12-Aug-18 10:00:28

Another donation! Thank you Merlot !!

phoenix Fri 10-Aug-18 17:34:19

Thank you Charleygirl smile My hair usually grows quite quickly, so I'll be looking like a hedgehog in no time!

After the deed was done, my hairdresser and I shook out the cloth that she had put under the chair,, there was far more than I expected, but by next morning it had all gone, I think the sparrows that nest under the eaves had taken it, so it went to a good cause! (It wasn't long enough to donate to the charity that makes wigs for little girls who have lost their hair through cancer treatment sad)

Charleygirl Fri 10-Aug-18 15:58:32

I take my hat off to you phoenix- it is not something that I could ever do.

I do hope that those who said that they would donate will do so.

I think that the "after" looks fab. It will be a decent length for winter- no blue ears.

phoenix Fri 10-Aug-18 15:35:57

Another donation received! Thank you to DanniRae and also received a cheque today from Charleygirl smile

There are still a few people from work that have promised donations, so you never know, it might hit £600 shock

Auntieflo Fri 10-Aug-18 08:38:44

You don't look so bad from the front either Phoenix smile

DanniRae Fri 10-Aug-18 08:25:29

Well Done. You look GREAT!! xx

NotAGran55 Fri 10-Aug-18 07:30:31

Looks great ! Congratulations on exceeding your target too .

grannyactivist Thu 09-Aug-18 23:56:00

Well, as I'd guessed, you can most certainly carry off the look AND you collected more in donations than your target figure. Well done Phoenix. smile

cavewoman Thu 09-Aug-18 22:28:33

Hats off to you Phoenix
Your hairdresser will be out of pocket for a while!
So glad that you exceeded your target.

Doodle Thu 09-Aug-18 22:19:05

Looks really good Phoenix.?

Jalima1108 Thu 09-Aug-18 22:16:30

I will try again, can't do this from my tablet.

Well done, Phoenix

MissAdventure Thu 09-Aug-18 22:06:51

smile

phoenix Thu 09-Aug-18 22:05:00

Hello all, have been trying to post from my tablet, but for some reason, it won't play, so apologies if this post suddenly appears twice!

Thank you all for the positive comments, really appreciated! grin

I had it done at work, during afternoon tea break, but behind closed doors, having taken on board some comments in the media about "making it a public/social event" so I thought that would be a good compromise.

I have had pretty good support & comments at work, although the expected teasing along the lines of "so, why aren't you wearing dungarees and Doc Martin boots?" but many of them have donated, so I take it in the spirit that I think it's meant!

I could make their lives very miserable, if they really pi**ed me off, I could "forget" to order tea bags & toilet rolls! grin

With regard to the "after" well, Jenny, my lovely hairdresser, (she's now 70, still working full time and very glam!) did remark how good she thought the back and sides looked, so, who knows, I might consider a whole new look!

Anyway, enough of my waffle, many, many thanks again to every one who donated and sent messages of support, it was really appreciated.

Thank you all,

Phoenix
xxxx

Juggernaut Thu 09-Aug-18 21:36:12

You look great Phoenix!
You're never going to get a better opportunity to show off all your earrings, so make the most of it!
I know what you mean about eye make up being a bit hit and miss, and agree that it's a pain taking it off before bed, but your eyes will look wonderful now, so show them off!

annodomini Thu 09-Aug-18 20:27:41

Well done on surpassing your target, phoenix. I like the 'after' photograph. I does suit you. Are you thinking of keeping it? hmm

Heather51 Thu 09-Aug-18 19:42:57

It definitely suits you Phoenix. One of the benefits is how quickly you will be able to shower now and no need for shampoo for a while! Well done on surpassing your target.

shysal Thu 09-Aug-18 19:18:04

I also think it really suits you, makes you look younger. I think there is no need to pile on the make up if you don't normally. The defined eyebrows and dark framed glasses have the desired effect.

Gagagran Thu 09-Aug-18 19:15:29

Me too Phoenix - you look really good! A bit French left bank film-ish. What have they said at work?

Greyduster Thu 09-Aug-18 19:02:12

I think it rather suits you too, Phoenix! Well done!

Auntieflo Thu 09-Aug-18 18:43:08

Phoenix, so well done. I salute you, and your fund raising.

MissAdventure Thu 09-Aug-18 18:38:41

You look great, Phoenix!
That buzz cut would look great pink!

Squiffy Thu 09-Aug-18 18:33:07

Just seen the 'After' photo on the MacMillan website! You look so different, but it really suits you smile It must have felt so weird the first time you looked in the mirror - and I bet you'll reach for your comb when you get up in the morning! Old habits . . . . . wink