Gransnet forums

Chat

Female Urinals

(122 Posts)
Hattie64 Mon 18-Jul-11 20:22:41

Has anybody tried these. I was at a music festival last weekend, and thought I would give it a 'go'. You are given this tiny paper cone and written instructions. You must have a good aim and not panic. Well obviously my aim was not good and I panicked!!! Never again.

HildaW Mon 18-Jul-11 20:36:24

Another reason not to go to a music festival!!
But well done for being so brave Hattie, me I would have freaked!

glassortwo Mon 18-Jul-11 20:43:54

I used the Gents in a pub at Notting Hill Carnival. Ladies were all busy. grin

numberplease Mon 18-Jul-11 21:09:42

A friend of mine goes to music festivals, on her own, and a couple of years ago she bought one of these, specially for when she`s at the festivals, and she swears by it, wouldn`t go without it.

Baggy Mon 18-Jul-11 21:29:01

Take your own shewee. Easy. No, really, it is. smile

jangly Mon 18-Jul-11 21:37:54

Baggy, its not! It goes down yer leg!

Well it did mine anyway.

Baggy Mon 18-Jul-11 21:48:55

I'm staying mum about that. wink

jangly Mon 18-Jul-11 22:06:33

grin

Wet trousers OMG!

yogagran Mon 18-Jul-11 23:27:39

Oh dear, we're not very well designed as females are we? As my (then toddler) daughter said to her older brother one day "that's a very useful thing to have on a picnic".....

harrigran Tue 19-Jul-11 00:06:19

I once heard a very well travelled lady say that when she went on safari she wore industrial strength incontinence pants, riding in a jeep over rough terrain is not kind to ageing bladders. While fellow travellers were suffering, she was able to relax.

greenmossgiel Tue 19-Jul-11 10:50:15

Makes you think of that Billy Connolly concert, harrigran! Remember the one about the incontinence pants, when he was striding across the stage squelching? grin It is a bit of an issue, though. I know when I think about maybe needing the loo, then I must go really quite quickly. It's not a case of 'holding on' like it used to be!

Gally Tue 19-Jul-11 11:16:49

This is hilarious! The mechanics of it confuse me; what do you do with it afterwards or is it re-useable? Do you all stand in a row with your knickers round your ankles, is wearing a skirt mandatory (that would rule me out - I don't own one) or is it a private affair. I think I would have to have a few practices first but on the whole I rather think I favour the incontinence pants option! wink

shysal Tue 19-Jul-11 11:41:20

I use a Sheewee when out hiking with no problem at all. You can insert it through unzipped trousers or lower the waistband. I practiced several times before using outside, and was successful every time. There is always a tense moment before the flow appears though!
With this device you can pee standing up and be even more discreet than a man. They are made of rigid silicone so do not stay wet.You can also add an extension if you are worried about splashing your clothes. The instructions say there is no need to wash it, but I do clean it when I get home. smile

Elegran Tue 19-Jul-11 11:51:48

There was some discussion of these devices on a previous thread, "Public toilets" I have bought (but not yet used ) a pack of 3 "Travel-John" These have a top like a shewee, but attached is a bag containing very absorbent crystals, so it does not need an outlet - you can use it in the privacy of your own tent, car or broom-cupboard, and throw it away later. It is said to hold 800 mils, so as it stays dry inside as well as out and cannot leak (they say!) you can reuse it if necessary. It has a kind of zip at the top of the bag. I bought mine on Amazon but they are on sale in various places on the net. The reviews by ordinary users were highly complimentary.

jangly Tue 19-Jul-11 11:55:09

When I'm deep in the country I just pull 'em down now and squat. But its very scary. My daughter says my bottom is very white. shock And getting up again is now a problem.

jangly Tue 19-Jul-11 11:56:09

Oh yeah. I always take the broom cupboard Elegran. grin

Elegran Tue 19-Jul-11 11:56:26

So are stinging nettles and long tickly grass.

Elegran Tue 19-Jul-11 11:57:22

A problem I mean.

jangly Tue 19-Jul-11 11:57:57

Oh God! 'im-in-the-shed wants his coffee.....! And I'm on here again. blush

jangly Tue 19-Jul-11 11:58:27

Oh yes. The stinging nettles. And thistles!

jangly Tue 19-Jul-11 11:58:55

and you never know if there's a bull in the field.

Elegran Tue 19-Jul-11 11:59:32

Mock not , Jangly, when the house is full and both loos are occupied, a broom cupboard and a jug are very welcome.

jangly Tue 19-Jul-11 12:09:08

!!!! shock grin

jangly Tue 19-Jul-11 12:09:52

I don't belieeeeve you! grin

Annobel Tue 19-Jul-11 12:10:25

jangly. I haven't used the 'sit down and squat' solution since I got a tick in a very embarrassing place. Luckily I have hollow legs.