Gransnet forums

Chat

Sex

(256 Posts)
riclorian Fri 05-Aug-11 14:06:45

If under 16s are considered too young for sex , at what age are you considered too old ?

justwokeup Sun 11-Sep-16 23:09:11

Lots of interesting tangents to follow in this thread. Just wondered if there's a lot of hype about sex drive for over 60s (or 70s, 80s etc)? I agree with Acanthus - I'm just not bothered any more - too uncomfortable and no pleasure in it for me. I have lovely children and now lovely grandchildren and other pressures in life. I think my body is (loudly) telling me to give it up. Unfortunately OH still has the inclination so I'm in a bit of a quandry. He says we're not dead yet. Am I unusual/selfish? I'd really like to know what other gransnetters think.

susieb755 Mon 02-Sep-13 20:06:19

me too kitty lester - its not much fun!

Elenkalubleton Mon 02-Sep-13 18:31:00

I worked with a lady once,who actually thought that your wee came out of your vagina! And she had 4 children.I am speaking to my doctor tommorow about my front bits itching driving me crazy! Hoping she will give me something hormonal.Everything else has failed,antihistamine tabs helping.

JessM Mon 02-Sep-13 17:04:23

Never heard of middle bottom. What have I been missing?

kittylester Mon 02-Sep-13 14:24:58

Should have said 'juxtaposition of words': wees - child's word, vulva - more of a grown -up word. smile

Ana Mon 02-Sep-13 14:22:08

Well, they've always in that position in my case, kitty...confused - I've never thought it strange!

Completely lost now.

kittylester Mon 02-Sep-13 14:17:11

In my time, I've had problems with three different bits of my bottom. Now that really is TMI blush

'Wees' and 'vulva' are a strange juxtaposition Ana. smile

Ana Mon 02-Sep-13 14:12:01

Or are you differentiating between the bit which wees and the vulva?

Ana Mon 02-Sep-13 14:11:03

What's your middle bottom, kitty? confused

kittylester Mon 02-Sep-13 14:05:10

Isn't there a front bottom, back bottom and a middle bottom? blush

JessM Mon 02-Sep-13 14:02:49

Well, really, how many times can you work the word vulva into normal conversation? Then when we go to the Dr we wonder if we are pronouncing it right. grin

Stansgran Mon 02-Sep-13 09:27:08

Yes lisk is groin in NE terminology. Also front bottom and back bottom is still much in patientspeak. Either they don't know or like to use the exact words.

JessM Mon 02-Sep-13 08:27:48

I had a N Irish friend who often used the expression "Up to my otters" as in really busy and a bit overwhelmed.
I think the funniest one is "front bottom" and "back bottom".
I think a lot of women are convinced their front bottoms smell and need deodorising. Particularly if there is any prospect at all of oral sex.
One of my all time bad bits of "advice column" advice was from Katie Boyle re "how to stay fresh after having a baby". She advised a feminine deodorant spray. Ouch. I think she had never had a baby herself...

kittylester Mon 02-Sep-13 07:01:32

Aka confused

yoga smile

Aka Sun 01-Sep-13 23:04:59

TMI Yoga

j08 Sun 01-Sep-13 22:16:27

Geraldine's gone. (so don't get your hopes up sad)

yogagran Sun 01-Sep-13 22:14:31

Way back - when GN was quite new - I was one of the lucky recipients of one of their early "giveaways" - a sample bundle of lubricants. I never knew that there were so many different kinds.
It would be really nice if the powers-that-be at GNHQ would repeat this freebie so that other GNetters could have the fun and delight that they gave to me.
Come on HQ - any more where they came from please?

harrigran Sun 01-Sep-13 18:21:51

My family used these words, I wondered whether it was the Viking influence in the north of England.

janeainsworth Sun 01-Sep-13 15:48:04

According to merriam-webster.com, lisk means groin.
It's of Scandinavian origin:
"ME leske, of Scand origin; akin to ON ljōski groin, OSw & ODan liuske; akin to OE lēosca groin, MLG lēsche groin, MD liese thin skin"

annodomini Sun 01-Sep-13 15:43:51

Lisk hasn't ever been in my vocabulary - perhaps it never crossed the border. I'm almost afraid to ask - what is it?

Charleygirl Sun 01-Sep-13 14:44:14

I am well aware of oxters and have not heard the word beheuchie for well over 50 years but I was well acquainted with it. Lisk is beyond me.

Marelli Sun 01-Sep-13 14:30:19

Lisk? What's that, Stansgran?

Stansgran Sun 01-Sep-13 14:28:47

Oxters and lisk are in current usage in the NE. If the ipad will let me write them.

Marelli Sun 01-Sep-13 14:18:24

Oxters are armpits, annsixty - both male and female ones! grin

annsixty Sun 01-Sep-13 14:15:28

Isn't oxters referring to armpits? As opposed to a lady's underarms?