Gransnet forums

Chat

The worst Christmas gift!

(33 Posts)
Greatnan Thu 29-Dec-11 08:31:04

My nephew bought my sister a foot spa - one of the most unwanted presents in every survey! She thought he was going to buy her one with an electric massager in it, but it is just the cheap one that is virtually just a foot bath that heats the water. I wonder if he had it as a present from somebody else He is notoriously tight-fisted.

Greatnan Fri 30-Dec-11 20:23:38

That is really sad, hollybubbles - was there a limit on how many could attend?

marigold1 Fri 30-Dec-11 20:58:13

Mine this year from MIL, was wait for it................ a box of hand sanitising wipes, I THINK I managed to thank her properly, can't wait for my birthday as I usually get what I gave her from previous years!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grannylin Fri 30-Dec-11 21:08:39

Where's jingl?wonder if her daughter has seen this thread!

Gagagran Fri 30-Dec-11 21:17:10

My DH and I received a soft, beautifully wrapped parcel from a dear old friend, addressed to us both. Couldn't guess what it might be - it turned out to be a pashmina! Great fun was had all Christmas when my DS kept asking his dad when he would be wearing it! (It's gone in my present recycle box ready for the next bring and buy sale!)

Annobel Fri 30-Dec-11 21:18:50

That's a good point, Grannylin. Where is jingl? We haven't heard much of her of late.

cavera Fri 30-Dec-11 21:21:47

As my birthday is on Boxing Day I sometimes just get one present to cover both birthday and Christmas - it's not fair! Most people get a present for Christmas and another one on their birthday. sad

Annobel Fri 30-Dec-11 21:22:30

For our first Christmas as a married couple, my ex-H gave me a rather scruffy, allegedly antique silver (plated) propelling pencil that didn't work. Still doesn't, though it is now much more antique than it was then. Maybe Ebay...confused