Gransnet forums

Chat

Stonehenge (Virtual) Party Tomorrow Night - For the Newbies.....All Welcome

(497 Posts)
Butternut Fri 09-Mar-12 17:42:02

glass don't want to step on your toes, but though it might be a good idea to have a thread for this.

I've got the chariot to get ready, and the horses to sort, after all. Got to be prepared! grin

bagitha Fri 09-Mar-12 17:44:41

glass loves having her toes trodden on, don't you, glass?

What?

You don't?

But, but.....

Oh well, come to the party and all will be well. smile

syberia Fri 09-Mar-12 17:54:16

Mr. Syberia says I can borrow his wand ( not a euphemism!) for casting spells. smile

JessM Fri 09-Mar-12 18:10:06

Come on then guys. Can we have a summary of the plan so far for all those not yet involved. Not to mention those poor young uninitiated newbies on this site. And the poor bewildered lurkers.
I remember that spray tan party where i didn't specify the time and date and you all showed up early and had a ball while I was asleep upstairs. [sniff] Leaving me to clear up in the morning {sniff, sniff] The planning was fun though and no doubt the thread still exists if anyone cares.
i have got as far as a virtual party, Saturday night, Stonehenge. Jeni has pulled strings in high places and got us a special permit (before you ask pedants).

What else please? Some people might want to clear their diaries and have the dress code clarified. Do we have to bring anything? Or any one? Is there a theme?

Carol Fri 09-Mar-12 18:12:43

I've already got the neon blue Wkds to pass round, and I think I'll wear my hippy-dippy clothes if it's going to be Stone Henge. Will we be having an initiation ceremony for our newbies? Only asking - not sure whether to bring ceremonial garb and gadgets for pledging our unity, or we could just spit in our hands and shake!! grin

Carol Fri 09-Mar-12 18:14:18

Will we be having food? Or shall we have a whip round and send someone down to the takeaway?

glammanana Fri 09-Mar-12 18:19:12

I'm all set for Saturday night,have some spare bottles of Cava left over from New Year will pack my ground sheet and blanket (song comes to mind) are we taking the Camper Van or is it still in for MOT ? I can pick anyone up at Knutsford Services if they promise to behave on the back of my New 4 x 4 broomstick but cannot gaurentee a lift home as last time I got lost at the end of the M53 and had to have a chat with that nice Policeman if you remember !!!

Jacey Fri 09-Mar-12 18:22:11

Hippy is good Carol...can find something in the back of the wardrobe for that!grin Broomstick was ok on its test drive last night ...so I'm fine to get there butternut

Not so sure about initiation ceremony ...we want all the newbies to comehmm

Butternut Fri 09-Mar-12 18:28:36

Jess - I followed your thread about being explicit re. thread info..........now you want more! It will evolve organically........I guess!grin

Blue Weld is colour scheme....

Butternut Fri 09-Mar-12 18:31:32

Woad - is the colour (Ooops)

Carol Fri 09-Mar-12 18:32:06

Hi glammanana I'm not sure if I can pick up a lift with Annobel or nanachrissy as they are nearby, but if they aren't going to be around, I can get myself to Knutsford services for a lift with you, please. Ta!

Butternut Fri 09-Mar-12 18:34:26

I'll try for some tadpoles to wear in my stiff limed hair - but will have to go scrumping for them ......... maybe bagitha's pond/puddle?

bagitha Fri 09-Mar-12 18:38:42

Woad, wellies and tadpoles it is, then! You do realise they'll have to be virtual tadpoles, don't you, butty. Can't go disturbing the real things. Besides, they are still a bit eggy, so to speak.

Tadpoles on toast, anyone?

Annobel Fri 09-Mar-12 18:38:53

I will pick you up Carol and nanachrissy too. May even bring you back grin

syberia Fri 09-Mar-12 18:39:11

So, woad, hippy dress, I shall bring red wine as am not partial to blue Wkd (sorry Carol!), Berkenstock sandals I think for grassy terrain, my warm cloak, (note to self:remember to pick some flowers for hair) and I shall bring home-made soup to keep us warm. There! I'm sorted.........
Oh, I shall need a lift if anyone passes Northamptonshire, please!

bagitha Fri 09-Mar-12 18:39:54

Or frog 'caviar'?

nanachrissy Fri 09-Mar-12 18:45:52

Carol I'll be high, high as a kite by 7.30pm so I don't need help to get there! wink
I've got my afghan coat to wear over my flares and cheesecloth top, bra-less of course. (God help my knees!!!)

Butternut Fri 09-Mar-12 18:46:08

Eeeruk...! Only the real thing for me.

syberia - Fancy a chariot ride - can go through Northamptonshire. I know I'll recognise you with your hipp-dippy attire, and my horses will be liberally daubed in the blue stuff.

nanachrissy Fri 09-Mar-12 18:47:44

Thanks Annobel I will need help to get back. blush

ninathenana Fri 09-Mar-12 18:56:15

how long do I have to have been a member to avoid the initiation ceremony ???? confused

I have the green wellies and the berkenstocks depending on the weather,also an original cheesecloth skirt !

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 18:57:08

Don't think my new amphibious broomstick(with speed of light capabilities) will be needed, unless anyone needs transoceanic transport?
I have arranged for a thermal dome to be erected over the henge. So clothing is completely optional.
(good job Pompey has gone)
How many chariots do we have? Just make sure they don't swing too low when landing!
Don't forget---- your bodies are virtual as well! How do you want to look?grin

nanachrissy Fri 09-Mar-12 19:05:22

Thank goodness for virtual bodies Jeni. My knees just aren't up to the bra-less ness!!

syberia Fri 09-Mar-12 19:07:50

ooh thanks Butternut never been in a chariot!! I will wave my permanent light candles to guide you in.

Carol Fri 09-Mar-12 19:08:14

ninathenana if you haven't shaken hands after spitting in them, you haven't lived! It's that or opening a vein and sharing body fluids - whadayafancy???? Hee Hee! grin

Annobel thanks for the lift - I promise to remain sober (yeah right!)

jeni - clothing optional?? Has your medication been changed again?

and, finally.....nanachrissy - do you want to hand over that weed now before we get in trouble with the you-know-who?? Get in the transport with everyone else, and let's have no more talk about how high you're going to get (someone had better frisk her when we get there - I just know she's going to be floating above us when she turns up!)

Can't wait - I love our Gransnet parties!!! [grin} wine

Oxon70 Fri 09-Mar-12 19:09:30

Do we have a time or not?
My head is just back from holiday - now cheered up a bit, I could just do with a party....What time????

I will look out my hippy trousers - the ones with patterns printed on them. ..what were they called? - A long robe and a hair circlet of leaves.

Circle dancing? Do we get music? if so what kind?