Gransnet forums

Chat

Stonehenge (Virtual) Party Tomorrow Night - For the Newbies.....All Welcome

(498 Posts)
Butternut Fri 09-Mar-12 17:42:02

glass don't want to step on your toes, but though it might be a good idea to have a thread for this.

I've got the chariot to get ready, and the horses to sort, after all. Got to be prepared! grin

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 19:15:55

Ethereal!

glassortwo Fri 09-Mar-12 19:16:45

grin butter dont you worry about my toes, glad you got it sorted I was diverted with the GC. Right I will catch up in a mo when I have had a read through grin

MrsJamJam Fri 09-Mar-12 19:27:13

So glad about the dome; I had been worrying about the need for thermals. Seem to have expanded beyond my original cheesecloth skirt so am just off to search the wardrobe for something suited to chariot racing.

glassortwo Fri 09-Mar-12 19:28:36

Thought I might borrow this from Janis for the party what do you think

classicrock.about.com/od/tourschedules/ig/woodstockpix/HenryDiltzWSJanisJ.htm

Will someone drop in to Newcastle and collect me wink

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 19:35:52

You'll get too hot under my thermal dome! The temperature will be that of Eden before the fall!
Find yourselves avatars and describe them as you arrive!grin

syberia Fri 09-Mar-12 19:40:08

glass you will look fab in that!!

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 19:40:19

Example. My amphibious broomstick will be camouflaged as a scallop shell!

nanachrissy Fri 09-Mar-12 20:00:13

Oooh I'm gutted now! Just been on Mnet and they call bra-less women,knee polishers or ankle swingers!! Well, if Carol won't let me be like out of it man, then I'll have to wear an over the shoulder boulder holder!

Peace and love maaan.

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 20:06:21

Do you know the old German for a bra?

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 20:07:50

And may the force be with you. \/

crimson Fri 09-Mar-12 20:17:53

bustenhalter?

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 20:22:30

I heard it as damenbustenholder! Sounds formidable! Valkyries?

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 20:30:56

Oh yes! Can you imagine us arriving at Stonehenge en masse, with the 'ride of the valkyries' virtually sounding out at full blast as we land? Followed by the 1812 with the cannons and bells?
Perhaps, we shall not, we shall not be moved.
The suffragettes hymn ' march march'
We will survive
The purpose of a man is to love a woman?
I'm sure you have plenty of ideas for other music!
I think I'm to bed. I'm tired. I dontDO early mornings! Particularly on my day off on the other side of the Bristol channel!

hummingbird Fri 09-Mar-12 20:35:56

Ok. I'm a newbie, thought I was joining a wise, sensible and erudite group. Now I find I'm invited to a mad hippie party at Stonehenge!

I'm cool with this. I can find a t shirt, maxi skirt, and sandals (birks, naturally). I can thread fowers in my hair, and virtual travel doesn't faze me. So peace, man - name the time!

glassortwo Fri 09-Mar-12 20:46:28

butter humming needs to know what time?
butter jeni where are you?

JessM Fri 09-Mar-12 20:55:00

who mentioned weed? have to keep up my reputation for re-living my mis-spent early middle age every time there is a party. i have got to go to Ely cathedral first tomorrow, don't think i am likely to score any off the bish. Hoping for tot of sherry though. Bit of a change of attire needed after but you can do wonders with a bit of bare flesh and a good layer of woad slapped on. smile See you tomorrow evening.

Annobel Fri 09-Mar-12 20:55:02

You were so right,*hummingbird*, but even 'wise, sensible and erudite' grans like us have to let our hair down regularly! And we know how to do it.

Notsogrand Fri 09-Mar-12 20:55:11

Just caught up with the arrangements....I so need a party, can't wait to get there!
Stonehenge isn't far from here, about an hour by car or 10 minutes on a souped up giant frisbee.

glassortwo Fri 09-Mar-12 20:57:52

frisbee sounds like fun notso

glassortwo Fri 09-Mar-12 20:59:32

jess do you mean Little weed of Bill and Ben grin

Butternut Fri 09-Mar-12 20:59:48

glass - I'm nearly away to bed and think jeni's already in la-la land.[snoozzzz]
It's a big day tomorrow, and then there's the party........

Stonehenge 7.00pm - Chariot's ready to fly.

nanaC - Relying on you to keep those pesky cops away (we know you've got connections!) grin

Good night all.

glassortwo Fri 09-Mar-12 21:02:14

Night butter sleep well. Party time so get a good sleep. grin

Notsogrand Fri 09-Mar-12 21:02:22

You know you can buy hemp seed to use as fishing bait?
Well I've germinated some as an experiment.
Could bring the shoots to use as micro salad leaves?

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 21:02:37

I'm not organising this! It was somebody else's idea to have party for the newbies! What time are people free? About 8pm?
I'm to bed now. See you in the morning[moon with closed eyes ]emoticon smile

glassortwo Fri 09-Mar-12 21:04:21

Ahh jeni you have had a long day get to bed but be ready to party. Its 7pm so dont be late. [winke]