Gransnet forums

Chat

French Children

(27 Posts)
dorsetpennt Fri 06-Apr-12 11:41:31

Someone has written a book named something like 'French Chldren don't throw food' telling us more-or-less how wonderfully behaved French children are compared to ours. I can only go by the children I know and see of both nations so don't jump on me. I have a French neighbour, nice person, who has a 3 year old, sorry but he is,a brat. He rules the roost. He screams non-stop happy or not. He is up until 10pm at night and 'refuses' to sleep in his own bed. His parents don't think one can discipline childen under 4 years old. She has battles with his nursery because of this. Her sister and friend come to stay from France on a regular basis so the behaviour is threefold. There is a 3 and half year old and a 4 year old - both in nappies full time. They all hope their nurseries will potty train them. Their elderly neighbour is going mad today as the noise is ear shattering - she has been around to me in tears as she has no peace from about 8am to 10pm. God forbid we should complain as 'they are only children'
There are heaps of badly behaved English children, I've seen them. My GD though is an angel, she is very well behaved both at home and in public. She has her moments but knows that good and bad behaviour has consequences. Most of her little friends are equally good.
This book infuriated me as I felt the author was being very narrow in her views.

Anagram Tue 10-Apr-12 20:26:38

Yes, it isn't anti-French, Gracesmum, the author was living there and compared methods of child rearing.