Gransnet forums

Chat

Am I too old for jeans?

(102 Posts)
dorsetpennt Sun 15-Apr-12 09:59:32

I love my jeans - I have four in various blues, one black pair, one grey pair, one brown pair and a really good make of white jeans. I did say I like them. They seem to fit me well and suit me. I have nicer trousers for going out, various crop trousers - in fact one pair in denim. I don't want to give them up - my BFF wears them too and she like me is 67 years old. We say we can see us in the Rest Home [God forbid] wearing them. I don't wear shorts - in any style - I don't think it's fair to impose my old legs to the world. So Gransnetters what do you think?

Lizzle Sun 22-Apr-12 18:09:46

Hi - I've enjoyed this conversation. I live in jeans most of the time although I occasionally I wear something else just to ring the changes and give some of my other clothes an outing. Otherwise they might have to go to the charity shop and I hate disposing of clothes. I have some clothes I hardly ever wear, but the occasional times I do make it all worthwhile.

The trouble I have with jeans is that most jeans I try (and other trousers for that matter) gape at the back at the waist. I know a lot of other people have the same problem, so why don't manufacturers design trousers that don't?

Anyone got any ideas?