Gransnet forums

Chat

Is your glass half full?

(84 Posts)
kittylester Thu 23-Aug-12 10:03:11

Yesterday I went to visit my Mum who (this time!!!!) accused me of being too damned cheerful and said 'I can't stand people whose glass is half full' confused Is your glass half full or half empty?

I've told this thread to try to behave if I let it go out on it's own grin

Bez Thu 23-Aug-12 12:22:49

Half full I think for me - whatever time of day.

Anagram Thu 23-Aug-12 12:34:48

I don't suppose anyone who's a half-empty person will admit to it on here.

vampirequeen Thu 23-Aug-12 12:48:30

Depends on my mood. If I'm depressed it's definately half full or less but if I'm hyper it's full and overflowing with lots of bubbles in it like champagne. I love being hyper although apparently it's not good for mesmile

Greatnan Thu 23-Aug-12 13:00:10

Hyper people tend to get things done. Stay just the way you are VQ.

soop Thu 23-Aug-12 13:54:57

Well done to Notso and Ariadne's grandchildren and indeed to all young people who have studied well, worked hard, and have been duly rewarded.

soop Thu 23-Aug-12 13:56:15

My glass is half full, and topped up regularly. smile

glassortwo Thu 23-Aug-12 14:17:24

Half full usually, but today its full as going off to the house tomorrow for ten days and even the weather forecast cant spoil it. sunshine

notso and ariadne well done to your DGC sunshine , I hate to hear the reporters knocking the results every year belittling the achievements of the students.

soop Thu 23-Aug-12 14:22:44

glass Safe travels and kind thoughts. sunshine smile

glassortwo Thu 23-Aug-12 14:28:41

Thanks soop enjoy Sunday and your romantic time with Mr S wine flowers and soft music grin

soop Thu 23-Aug-12 14:50:21

Thanks glass Although it's nothing "posh", a night at the Premier Inn is a big treat for us. I do wish that the music could be soft and classical [in the evenings] but I suppose the majority of people prefer otherwise. smile

kittylester Thu 23-Aug-12 16:16:28

Since I started this thread my glass has got quite a bit fuller. The local radio station is going to interview our eldest son about his life in Japan before and after his stroke. smile

Despite having concerns about how his voice works since his stroke, he called a phone in programme to give them his views on stroke provision here as opposed to abroad (or in his case - Japan)

They called him back this week to ask his opinion on something else and his opportunist mother took them a copy of his book. They rang him this morning and invited him in to talk about his experiences. [veryproudemoticon]

Butternut Thu 23-Aug-12 16:28:14

kitty That's so positive and worthwhile! No wonder you are proud! flowers

glass Have a great time and hope the sun shines for all that hard work you're going to be doing! sunshine

soop Thu 23-Aug-12 16:31:20

kitty Well done your son. Of course you're proud and rightly so. flowers

Ella46 Thu 23-Aug-12 16:39:39

kitty That's fantastic! Have another glass if you like grin

Annobel Thu 23-Aug-12 16:51:46

So much good news! Well done to the clever GC with their excellent exam results and also to kitty's son who is a great flag bearer for stroke sufferers. Brilliant!

Grannylin Thu 23-Aug-12 16:57:59

Lovely news kitty Hope everyone is having at least a half-full day smile

gracesmum Thu 23-Aug-12 17:02:29

Kittylester that is something to be rightly proud of - well done him!

Which Premier Inn are you staying at Soop? We have 3 particular favourites:We like the one in Kendal which is right in the town and yet quiet with a view out on to the hills. I was also impressed with the one in Dundee next to Scott's "Discovery" and facing out on to the Tay. There's another lovely one north of Alnwick (Ashington?) which is close to a bird reserve with swans and geese etc- again you could pay a lot more money for a much less pleasant location!
Trying out the Stratford Waterways hotel next week when we go to see DD's production of King John at The Swan. Just call me "Tripadvisor"!!

Sook Thu 23-Aug-12 17:04:28

kitty Very pleased for your son smile

Notsogrand Thu 23-Aug-12 17:45:28

Great news kitty! You won't need a metaphorical top up but you can have a real one wine

jeni Thu 23-Aug-12 17:54:40

3/4 empty after a horrible day in the tribunals!sad

JO4 Thu 23-Aug-12 17:56:17

What glass?

jeni Thu 23-Aug-12 18:02:10

The glass of wine I poured 10 mins ago!

jeni Thu 23-Aug-12 18:03:26

Actually I only half filled it to start with, so it's not that bad.

Grannylin Thu 23-Aug-12 18:03:35

jeni wine flowers

Greatnan Thu 23-Aug-12 19:01:15

I really like Premier Inns - my daughter and I used to stay at the one near Lytham St. Annes when I took her over for meetings with her solicitor.
The food was excellent and not overpriced and the rooms are very comfortable. I like staying in hotels anyway. Have a lovely time.