Gransnet forums

Chat

Edinburgh meeting / confirm numbers.

(357 Posts)
glassortwo Tue 25-Sep-12 14:04:35

As time is galloping on could you please add your name to the thread if you are coming to gally's on the 3rd of October. Then we can talk about the catering once we have established who is coming. smile

Gally Wed 26-Sep-12 18:25:11

Oh crumbs - sorry Baubles but I did ?mark Granny23!!So that's at least 14 so far.........

soop Wed 26-Sep-12 18:27:28

Mr soop now considering travelling by bus to Glasgow and then boarding bus to Edinburgh. He'll look into matters tomorrow. I shall confirm arrangements when he's mulled things over. A crescent moon to you all. I'm away to look busy in the kitchen. grin

glassortwo Wed 26-Sep-12 19:07:20

How about I bring a carrot cake?

harrigran Wed 26-Sep-12 19:21:31

I am travelling up the day before, can I please bring wine ?
I will PM you Gally because I have not heard re address, I did PM you it last week.

moomin Wed 26-Sep-12 19:31:17

Shall I make a fresh fruit salad? Could bring cream also?

Granny23 Thu 27-Sep-12 01:03:03

Not sure about Granny23 Quite Right - Often not too sure about myself either! I will be coming, have PMed Gally for address. Do we have an ETA? I will bring a cheese free (I have a severe intolerence) substitute for the lasagne. Off early tomorrow to Boat of Garten to meet new Grandcousin, back late Sunday so probably Monday before I check in for any updates.

Gally Thu 27-Sep-12 08:34:12

moomim and glass that would be lovely. Sorry if I am getting a 'trifle' confused with all the PM's and e-mails flying back and forth. I hope I have given the details to you all??? confused

gracesmum Thu 27-Sep-12 08:51:00

Whatever you do, gally, don't get the trifle confused! smile

moomin Thu 27-Sep-12 08:58:01

Gally - so long as glass has the details, we're OK - she's driving!

GillieB Thu 27-Sep-12 09:29:29

I'll bring a cheesewheel and some crackers, etc., if that's ok?

It sounds as if we'll all be stuffed on the way home!

glassortwo Thu 27-Sep-12 14:25:07

Bump

soop Thu 27-Sep-12 16:56:24

Gally Do hope that you haven't had second thoughts about inviting us lot to your lovely home. Booked in at the Premier Inn - [yes, again!] If anyone dares to change the date, I shall throw a discreet wobbly.
What would be really useful in terms of food and drink? Hope to pass an M&S en route, so all suggestions much appreciated. grin

Gally Thu 27-Sep-12 17:08:32

No chance of changing soop - I shall throw a wobbly too! Anything from Markies would be good - I think we will have quite a selection of goodies coming and so what if we have too many puddings and not enough green stuff grin

Grannylin Thu 27-Sep-12 18:03:34

I can get anything missing when I get there+ wine Excited!

soop Fri 28-Sep-12 14:52:47

We've booked a night at a Prem Inn that appears to be reasonably close to Gally's home. We shall drive and hope to reach our destination at approx 1.30-ish. Mr soop will drop me and a bag of M&S goodies off...he'll then disappear until 5.30-ish. Hope that this arrangement suits you, Gally. If you should want to boot me out earlier, I shall have my cell phone with me. grin

Bags Fri 28-Sep-12 14:57:58

I will need to leave about that time too, to catch my train.

soop Fri 28-Sep-12 14:59:09

Bags...we could give you a lift to the station.

Butternut Fri 28-Sep-12 15:06:18

Here's hoping you all have a great time at Gally's and that you all take lots of photos. I'd love to see you all. smile

annodomini Fri 28-Sep-12 15:06:31

Oh, dammit, why couldn't I have organised myself to be north of the border that weekend? It sounds like a very lively afternoon. Have you warned the neighbours, Gally?
Never mind, I'll be with you in spirit.

soop Fri 28-Sep-12 15:12:19

Wish that you could join us Butty and anno...we'll raise a glass of fizzy stuff to you and all GN's.

annodomini Fri 28-Sep-12 15:28:13

Better not be coke, soop!

soop Fri 28-Sep-12 15:32:08

anno ...as if grin I think that a bottle of bubbly might fill a glass or two.

Gally Fri 28-Sep-12 15:38:40

soop get Mr soop to put his foot down and get here earlier grin Bags I've just made up a bed should you decide to stay a bit longer hmm
Has anyone heard from GA lately? Anno it's not too late to get yersel' up here you know!

glassortwo Fri 28-Sep-12 16:03:37

I cant believe thats its next week, I am still waiting to hear from GillyBob PM'd her a few days ago but no reply as yet.

What time are we expected gally so I can plan my journey times, moomin is navigating grin

em Fri 28-Sep-12 16:22:21

First time in months I've made it to Gransnet but hope you all have a wonderful time at Gally's. If circumstances had been easier I'd have made it without too much difficulty from Dundee - so to all you 'local' ladies I send very best wishes and hope that it isn't too long before I'm back in touch more regularly!