Gransnet forums

Chat

What I did today.

(1001 Posts)
Nelliemoser Thu 27-Sep-12 22:54:32

"Today I've been is full" So I have started What I did Today, as I have something to be a granny bore with.

Today I became a gran for real. DD had my 1st GC 8 days after due date. Several days of twinges and a bad night.
DD rang me at 12;15 today.Just seen midwife at clinic, 3cm and waiting for the taxi to hospital. 5pm I had a phone call, baby had arrived at at 3:30 pm. That is 3 to 10cm in 3hrs! Noah Alexander ***. 6lb 11ozs. Forceps as baby was tiring but amazingly quick DD and SIL surprised by the speed. DD tired and sore but says she is totally in love. I am visiting tomorrow 60 miles away. What a day smile smile smile smile

Bags Fri 28-Sep-12 09:08:09

That's what DH would call a pre-coffee moment, elegran grin

Elegran Fri 28-Sep-12 09:19:37

I needed that coffee. Now have to wait for the next pot, after washing out the whole damn lot.

Elegran Fri 28-Sep-12 09:23:44

The wondow-cleaner came as I was setting up the next load, so now I can't pretend that the smears are on the outside of the glass.

glassortwo Fri 28-Sep-12 09:32:38

Elegran with the rain this week the outside of our windows are murky and I fought the temptation to go out and clean them talked myself out of it as quick as I thought of it, window cleaner will be here next week wink

I am going to school for assembly this afternoon my DGS is getting a Head Masters award in assembly not for working hard but for being kind to others, and that swells my heart bless him, and its the first assembly DGD in Reception class will be taking part in. sunshine

annodomini Fri 28-Sep-12 09:37:20

Elegran brew. Ignore the windows. They can wait until spring when the sunlight shows up the internal smears and splodges - speaking personally of course. blush

Elegran Fri 28-Sep-12 10:13:45

The ones at the front of the house are OK - no direct sun so no visible evidence - but between the sun from the south and the dust rising with hot air from the radiator under the lounge one, they are almost permanently murky, and that is where the good view is, when you can see it.

I can ignore it until December, when the lights on the Christmas tree that will sit in front of it will show each smear.

kittylester Fri 28-Sep-12 10:22:47

Language Elegran grin

Ella46 Fri 28-Sep-12 10:32:46

NellieM Wonderful news, many congratulations. They are love bundles! flowers

jeni Don't let it get you down, worse things happen at sea, as my mum would say. I'm sure that anyone that knows you, won't believe these complaints. flowers

glass You're a saint!! grin

jeni Fri 28-Sep-12 11:41:57

I know I'm being silly and everyone who knows me says I wouldn't have behaved like that! But it is still very hurtful.
One of them said I made her feel as if she was in a court! It IS a court although we do try to make it seem as informal as we can.

glammanana Fri 28-Sep-12 12:10:04

Nelliemoser A warm welcome to little Noah how lucky are you I do love baby boys with a passion envy i would love a new baby in our family.Well done glass in making it through your night out grin
Jeni do you think people complain so it makes the process longer and the appeal process is lengthened in their favour,I am sure you have nothing to worry about so just try and relax about it and have a nice drink when you get home wine

Ariadne Fri 28-Sep-12 12:14:31

Nellie many congratulations! Welcome to the little one too.

Xx

Greatnan Fri 28-Sep-12 17:06:15

I had a lovely, if belated, birthday today! A friend whom I met at one of Juragran's parties invited me to lunch. I took the train to Neuchatel and the trip alone was very enjoyable. I love Swiss trains - so clean and punctual. The route is along a very lush valley with steep, thickly wooded hills on either side, past little picturesque villages, and finally along an embankment overlooking a very deep gorge, then Lake Neuchatel appears, and beyond it the distant, snow-capped Alps.
My friend met me at the station and we found a busy restaurant and had a lovely meal, then we walked along the lakeside in the warm sunshine. She is a great companion and we talked and talked (Gatsby is a lovely dog but not much of a conversationalist!)
If the next 364 days are like today, I am going to enjoy being 72!

Grannyknot Fri 28-Sep-12 17:10:11

I skived today! grin to everyone who had a lovely day sunshine and to those who had a not so lovely day [tea] and sympathy AND sunshine. Congrats nellie envy

baublesbanglesandb Fri 28-Sep-12 17:46:49

Nelliem congratulations, have a lovely time with your new grandson.

Jeni I hope things are resolved soon and that you can put it all behind you.

As some of you may know, I don't drink, but OMG!!! as the young ones say, tonight is a hot bath & large glass of red night if ever there was one. (Obviously it'll be a brew instead.

I have been interviewing all day and am amazed by the lack of preparation on the part of some of the applicants, the first person arrived 12 minutes late with no explanation or apology. What is it they say about first impressions?

annodomini Fri 28-Sep-12 18:35:08

Phone rang about an hour ago:
Caller explained that he was calling from a company that was doing research into something or other to do with the over 75s
Much indignation on my part: 'I'm not 75'
Caller: 'According to our records you are.'
Me: 'My records say I was born in 1940. Goodbye.' Put phone down.

Next minute phone rings: DS, sounding a bit odd
Penny drops. Mum well and truly duped. blush

Ella46 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:57:41

I was a bit low this morning due to financial shortages wink so I went shopping! grin
Got home to find fat envelopes from Inland Rev, and YIPPEE, I have been paying too much tax since 2005 and I got a fairly fat cheque! Yesss!

Didn't buy anything, but I can if I want to now! Happy days smile

Ana Fri 28-Sep-12 20:05:18

Congratulations, Ella! grin Isn't it nice when a government department has to reimburse you for their own miscalculations? I've had a couple of cheques from the HMRC myself over the last year or so...

annodomini Fri 28-Sep-12 20:11:50

I got one of those a few years ago, Ella, but I didn't take long to make use of it. sad

Ana Fri 28-Sep-12 20:13:16

Not 'the' HMRC....blush

Ella46 Fri 28-Sep-12 21:02:08

With interest too!
On Tuesday I got a refund from them because dad had paid too much as well, so it's been a good week sunshine

glassortwo Fri 28-Sep-12 21:05:29

Happy spending ellla grin

glassortwo Fri 28-Sep-12 21:06:34

OOoppps finger slipped.

Ella46 Fri 28-Sep-12 21:55:22

Thanks glassss smile

glassortwo Sat 29-Sep-12 05:47:35

Wide awake DH insists on having a full conversation before he le ft at 5. Plans scuppered again of getting to house is off to Ripon .

Ariadne Sat 29-Sep-12 06:37:53

Morning, glass! Sitting in new, half painted sitting room, admiring the colour I chose, and having a lovely cup of coffee. Can I get you one?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion