Gransnet forums

Chat

Became a grandad for the first time twice today.

(32 Posts)
andygreen Fri 19-Oct-12 12:45:52

My daughter had twin girls today and they are all doing well.
My other daughter is expecting a baby in December.
The only sad part of it is my wife passed away this day last year with cancer so they will only have 3 grandparents and 2 great grandparents.
It just seems so strange that I am a grandad and hopefully I will be buying my mother and father christmas cards and hopefully mother and fathers day cards next year.

Andy

harrigran Fri 19-Oct-12 18:50:01

Congratulations Andy Twenty tiny fingers, twenty tiny toes, two angel faces .... as the song goes. You are going to be kept very busy smile

POGS Fri 19-Oct-12 19:08:45

Andy

The term 'bitter sweet' has alreaady been used but that is unfortunately true for you I am sure at this time. You are quite rightly so proud of your beautiful twins it is a joy to pass on congratulations. You are being rather greedy, another one in December! smile

I am sure they will help to keep your mind focused, give you love you will be missing and hugs and kisses to cherish forever. Lovely. Lucky man.

wine

merlotgran Fri 19-Oct-12 20:12:42

Congratulations, Andy. As my brother said to my DH when our first grandchild was born, ' Get your wallet out' grin wine

bikergran Fri 19-Oct-12 21:35:38

Enjoy smile

Maniac Sat 20-Oct-12 06:33:03

Congratulations Andy
Make the most of every moment.
flowers

Wheniwasyourage Sat 20-Oct-12 15:32:43

Congratulations andy! Grandchildren give you a new perspective on the future and a link with the past. They are still a link with your late wife and will carry on her genes as well as yours. Have great pleasure in your new little ones, and tell them about their grandmother, with photos, so that they don't miss out on this important part of their family. flowers sunshine