Gransnet forums

Chat

Sally Bercow

(31 Posts)
Greatnan Tue 20-Nov-12 10:42:33

Is she just terminally stupid? Still tweeting and breaking the law by naming the girl who went to France with her teacher. I am puzzled by her motivation - is it worth breaking the law just to get publicity?

Anne58 Thu 22-Nov-12 11:13:14

In yesterdays Daily Telegraph there was a piece in the gossip section about Sally Bercow. Apparently some of the papers that she writes for have dropped her. (The piece was rather well worded, I will try to find it.)

Anne58 Thu 22-Nov-12 11:25:31

C&P'd

Sally Bercow, the wife of the Speaker of the Commons, has finally seen the sense of the old saying: “Least said, soonest mended.” With legal action from Lord McAlpine in the offing over the innuendo to which she subjected him, and a possible fine for breaching a court order by naming a schoolgirl who had allegedly run off with her teacher, she has suspended her account on the Twitter website.

Happily, she now has no outlet for her views since the BBC and Sky News no longer invite her to review the newspapers for them. Even the Daily Star Sunday has dispensed with her services as a columnist.

The ears of poor old John Bercow, if she can stoop low enough, will now somehow have to absorb all of her daily pontifications.

Ana Thu 22-Nov-12 11:43:11

Yes, and there's always pillow talk if she doesn't feel like stooping!
I can't see her staying out of the media for long though, wonder what her next venture will be?

absentgrana Thu 22-Nov-12 11:55:05

It's mad isn't it? Most of us would never have heard of this woman, even though she has highly developed self-publicising tendencies, if she weren't married to the Speaker. I suspect that most of us hadn't heard of him either before he became Speaker.

Anne58 Thu 22-Nov-12 11:57:57

Another case of someone who is famous for being famous!