Gransnet forums

Chat

Bolthole, anyone?

(168 Posts)
whenim64 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:59:07

Every now and again, I feel the need for the sanctuary of a Gransnet Bolthole. I've got the logfire going, swept the snow away from the path, and the kettle's just about to boil. Tea and crumpets, anyone? smile

annodomini Sat 19-Jan-13 15:36:24

My tomato and basil soup is nice with hot buttered toast. And thanks Rosannie, I'll happily take your share of cheese and I'll repay you with a dram - or two.

JessM Sat 19-Jan-13 16:20:15

Hi there. Hot eccles cakes anyone?
I saw a sweet thing when I was out for a walk:
Dad and mum pulling small child, aged about 3, on sled.
Flat on his back, fast asleep, dummy in. Aaaaah grin
And the wood looked amazing with every trunk, branch and twig highlighted with blown on snow. Ready to snuggle up in the warm now though.
Cari, instead of picking over the carcasses, would you like an eccles cake?

nanaej Sat 19-Jan-13 16:26:22

Oh I do like an Eccles cake! May I join you please? I can pop along with some hot chocolate and marshmallows .. got them in for the DGC but they are too busy in the snow!

whenim64 Sat 19-Jan-13 16:27:01

Aaah! I love to see children who fall asleep when they're playing. smile Yes, let's get Cari in here and ply her with alcohol give her some nourishment, whilst she's working so hard grin

Grannylin Sat 19-Jan-13 16:59:27

Can I come in with my very muddy, wet Springer-he's been chasing pheasants and I've been collecting wood, but we're very cold....I've got a big pan of mulled wine though smile

Ariadne Sat 19-Jan-13 17:05:34

He'll dry off in front of the fire, so come on in and have a dram and some cheese, if Anno has left any, that is. Then we can hit your mulled wine! Hic!

annodomini Sat 19-Jan-13 17:22:16

I beg your pardon, Ariadne! I'll have you know that I've been very self-disciplined. Have to watch the cholesterol and the waistline - what waistline?

JessM Sat 19-Jan-13 17:47:30

Sloe gin anyone?

Grannylin Sat 19-Jan-13 17:51:29

Now you're talking!grin

whenim64 Sat 19-Jan-13 17:51:53

Here's the promised beef curry, with naans, chutneys and raita. Help yourself. I'm just off to babysit, back late tonight. Enjoy! x

Butty Sat 19-Jan-13 17:52:27

I was going off to the kitchen to cook supper....until Jess mentioned Sloe Gin. Supper's now on hold. grin

Ariadne Sat 19-Jan-13 18:12:45

Here I am, and here I stay! Bring it on, when and jess! Just right after all that mulled wine. Perhaps we need a little chilled something to go with the curry? I'd go and get some but my legs have gone all wobbly. Oh dear! Whoops!

whenim64 Sat 19-Jan-13 18:17:13

Must dash off now, but make another space for Tegan/Crimson who might fancy a little something to celebrate her return x

Grannyeggs Sat 19-Jan-13 18:23:12

Sloe gin, just right to whet the appetite before dinner, might be nice after too, just to keep the cold out of course.wink

Ariadne Sat 19-Jan-13 18:25:43

Yay! Looking forward to meeting you, Tegan. SO glad! Hic. Now, if I could just get to my feet, I have some champagne hidden away. Here I goooooo

Grannylin Sat 19-Jan-13 18:28:58

Ariadne this is sounds too convincing grin

Ariadne Sat 19-Jan-13 18:35:36

Just a drama queen, that's all! (that came out as "dram queen" Oh dear! grin

Smoluski Sat 19-Jan-13 18:36:27

Hi Tegan smile glad you are back.
have a steaming hot bread pudding all moist and spicy,fresh from oven,can ellie my black lab join us she likes to lay on feet and keep them warm,she's very friendly..
Have some damson vodka to add to our stashxxxxxx

Grannyeggs Sat 19-Jan-13 18:38:00

Did I hear a cork pop and the magic word*champagne*, I 'm sure DH can wait for supper, it would be unfriendly not to join you in a little glass of bubbles Ariadne

gracesmum Sat 19-Jan-13 18:57:01

Sloe gin? I'll just have a quick onegrin
This is a haven of peace and gransnettedness. Whew! sunshine

JessM Sat 19-Jan-13 19:12:12

and bread pudding. what are you like!

annodomini Sat 19-Jan-13 19:50:41

Yum, bread pudding, champagne and sloe gin. That sounds like a good recipe for a Saturday evening.

grannyactivist Sat 19-Jan-13 19:55:01

That reminds me - I have a bottle of sloe gin that just needs tasting. grin
Dare I risk it with daughter so close to her time? (As in, if I'm awash with sloe gin I can't drive and would be useless in the delivery room.) hmm Think I'll try just a little glass.

Ariadne Sat 19-Jan-13 20:14:35

Wonder what sloe gin in champagne is like....

glassortwo Sat 19-Jan-13 20:23:12

Sounds good grin ariadne