Gransnet forums

Chat

Bolthole, anyone?

(168 Posts)
whenim64 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:59:07

Every now and again, I feel the need for the sanctuary of a Gransnet Bolthole. I've got the logfire going, swept the snow away from the path, and the kettle's just about to boil. Tea and crumpets, anyone? smile

Ariadne Mon 21-Jan-13 20:26:30

Come on in, gracesmum. You did your best! Let's see what there is in the way of food and drink - how about a champagne and sloe gin cocktail? Someone hid the bottles nehind the settee. I'll join you. Cheers!

gracesmum Mon 21-Jan-13 20:29:17

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Sounds like the place to be smile

annodomini Mon 21-Jan-13 20:34:56

Can I join you? I've just beaten my brains out trying to compete on University Challenge... and failing miserably. sad

Lilygran Mon 21-Jan-13 20:38:35

Brought back the cup of whisky I borrowed yesterday and some cheese straws. Can I stay for a while?

Tegan Mon 21-Jan-13 20:43:14

gracesmum;you've solved an ongoing problem I've had with that word, so rejoice [it's one less thing for me to worry about which now gives me room for something else smile]....

Bags Mon 21-Jan-13 20:58:49

I believe you, gm. I'm not quite nobody. Will I do as somebody?

annodomini Mon 21-Jan-13 21:34:41

You are most certainly somebody, Bags. smile

gracesmum Mon 21-Jan-13 21:45:16

I knew the "Common Ridings" answer on University Wotsits and the German one (United Kingdom) although Paxo tried his damndest to sabotage it by his execrable pronunciation grin

Lilygran Mon 21-Jan-13 21:49:21

Can't decide if he does it on purpose or really doesn't care! Paxo, I mean.

Ariadne Mon 21-Jan-13 21:58:32

Well, this is so nice and peaceful. Just what I need before returning to DH who is being the usual optimist "Oh, it won't snow!" "Oh, the main roads will be clear," which doesn't help my worries about driving later this week. Oh, another wee dram? Thanks Lilygran don't mond if I do. Did you mention cheese straws...

Lilygran Mon 21-Jan-13 22:04:30

Help yourself, Ariadne. I may have put too much cheese in the cheese straws.......

annodomini Mon 21-Jan-13 22:29:54

Can you put too much cheese in cheese straws? Yum!

Oldgreymare Tue 22-Jan-13 18:05:33

Heeeeeelp! The OG's bridge has been cancelled for the second time this week and we are only at Tuesday.
Desperately in need of a bolthole!
Suggested watching a DVD with him last night.... squirm time ..... it was a £3 bargain in Sainsburys so I hadn't checked it..... turned out to be very RUDE....lots of sweary words and naked flesh! Oh dear!
Now the dilemma.... how to dispose of it, can't give it to a charity shop, WHAT WOULD THEY THINK? It will have to be the dustbin..... but what will the dustmen think..... Heeeeeeeeelp!

Grannyknot Tue 22-Jan-13 18:26:31

... and look who's come to entertain us in the bolthole! The King himself www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6UerjFCLdI smile Enjoy.

Ana Tue 22-Jan-13 18:36:00

Calm down, Oldgreymare! If it really is that awful, just destroy the paper cover insert and dispose of the actual DVD in a public litter bin.

JessM Tue 22-Jan-13 18:51:05

grin OGM.

Grannyeggs Tue 22-Jan-13 19:06:34

grannyknot I love it. I've bought some soup I've just made I'll have a wee dram in mine to warm me up.